Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

leper khan
Dec 28, 2010
Honest to god thinks Half Life 2 is a bad game. But at least he likes Monster Hunter.

fatman1683 posted:

I'm not sure if this qualifies as a 'tiny app', but I'm not finding any commercial software that just does this thing, so maybe someone here can put something together, or knows of an existing piece of software that will do it:

I need to schedule blocks of time for different events. I know how long each event takes, and what I'd really like is some kind of drag-and-drop calendar situation so I can arrange the schedule. Events range in duration from 2-20 hours or so, and need to be able to roll over between days on the calendar. I also need the ability to schedule on an arbitrary number of multiple parallel tracks.

Some nice-to-have features would be:
The ability to define some stock events and drag and drop copies of them onto the schedule.
Configurable constraints on when a particular predefined event can be scheduled, i.e. must start after/end before x time, cannot start less than x minutes before/after another copy of the same event
Configurable constraints on how many copies of a particular predefined event can be scheduled to start on a given day

The pipe-dream feature would be a function that optimizes the schedule based on the above constraints, but I'm pretty sure that's unrealistic for anything less than ERP software or something similar.

Anyway, I have no idea how 'tiny' this actually is, but maybe someone has something similar they can tweak, or can recommend a commercial product that will do this. Thanks.

I've been trying to convince work to build something like this. I'll let you know if it ever gets off the ground. :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU