Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
Humble Request
Problem:

NVidia Whispermode is locked behind having to log in to GFE

Description and requirements:

Nvidia's frame-limiting toggle is locked behind having to log in to GeForce Experience. Not the actual rate setting, that poo poo's in the Nvidia Control Panel. But the actual toggle on/off, you gotta make an account and log in, or no frame-limiter for you! And as soon as you log out of GFE, the toggle goes away again.

I am highly doubtful that anyone would be able to do this without Nvidia immediately patching the means to do so out of existence, but maybe, just maybe, either someone wants to take a crack at it to spite Nvidia, or knows of a little 100kb app that voodoos Nvidia's black box into activating it.

Nice to have features:

On/Off GUI? Really, it could run on a command line for all I care. I just don't want to have GFE anywhere near my computers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU