Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you
I wonder if it'd be cheaper to import an FD since there are probably a lot more of them floating around in Japan

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

McTinkerson posted:

I've worked on over a dozen imported FD's and every single FD that was purchased cheaper than a LHD could be had for locally has been rough (usually a laquer respray) and has needed a rebuild immiediately.

Once properly molested LHDs eclipse the $25k mark (they're getting close), then it might be worth it if you're going in knowing you're tearing that engine out right away.

The sweet spot at the moment is to pick up a project RHD from Canada that someone (everyone) has gotten in over their head on. Those are $8k CDN all day long.

canada would mean rust though?

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

Rhyno posted:

That second gen Suzuki Alto Works is calling my name a lot harder than the Autozam.

sell the nc and get a cappuccino

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

I want an R32 GTR but not at 25k. A shame cause I'll prob never get to own one but I'll just remind myself they are heavy and I probably won't like it as much as I think I will. That's how that works right

Just gotta find an FD or an NSX some day and I won't care about never owning a GTR :v:

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

Mazda also announced they would restore NA Miatas (in Japan anyway)

Old cars are better. It's hard to explain, really. Yeah its cool that the FRS exists and I appreciate it but I'd rather have a 15-20 year old car. My life exists to own late 80s to early 00's Japanese cars

e: want to talk about missed opportunities, look at what the new Supra is supposed to be