Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

DogonCrook posted:

Will these cars ever qualify as classic? Like if you bring over something from the 70's can you register it as an antique or classic? Sorry if you mentioned this already i dont remember.

I had an E30 registered like this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

Lord of Garbagemen posted:

I am about to do something stupid, https://auc.japancardirect.com/aj-9AFLqmkncZrMJ.htm

the wife is going to murder me. Better to ask for forgiveness ,right?????????

Aw yiss.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
https://www.facebook.com/JDMAuctionDirect/posts/254150615095393

Dayum

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
For the non FB people

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

KakerMix posted:

Found it on the auction block itself, it did not sell.

https://auc.japancardirect.com/st-n13noL57tCpTyOU.htm
It has some corrosion on some door edges and the rear hatch. The interior is rated 'C' so it might be ok, seat looks a little sunk but that steering wheel is rad-o-max. It might come up for auction again!

Hell yeah, is there a way to see what bidding got up to, or did it not even get a bid?

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
BaT prices are inflated as hell, though.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
because Avril Lavigne

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
13.5-14k for a R32 GTR? What are you looking at FOB?

People want mid 20's to 30's in Arizona for them right now.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

BigPaddy posted:

Prices for them are dumb right now. In a couple of years when R33s are legal in the US I expect them to drop while the R33s which are the least desirable ones in most people's eyes will spike since that was the one in F&F. R34s are going to go through the roof tho in 2023 :v:

So what about buying one from Aus/Nz?

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
1972 Toyota Publica Pickup - wonder how much it'll go for. One of these days I will fold and buy something cool.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

KakerMix posted:

Yeah, but the sheet was inconsistent with itself. This is what the inspector said:

vs. the sheet:

The inspector couldn't find corrosion at all, but the sheet mentions it in the text but not on the diagram.
I didn't expect to bid on it anyway but I am curious on trying to get a better feel for prices and demands and things and felt that the ($30) inspection was worth it. It going for over 8 grand threw me for a hard loop though.

The bidding went to $3980 but, of course, it did not sell. I don't know what the reserve price is/was but I have to assume it's close to $15000 if not more.

what. I didn't expect the $15k ballpark.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
The joys of trying to hold yourself in place around the track with stock seats

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
So.... post pictures :)

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
Man, those are so great. I love the interior in both. Fuuuu

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
1JZ lyfe

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
Unsure where to really post this, but this thread might have the most people in the area of knowledge.

Has anyone rented a FRS from Toyota in Japan? I'm going in April from the 10th to the 20th, it seems like renting a FRS is much, much cheaper compared to going out and doing the Fun2Drive thing in Hakone. That's not to say that I couldn't drive Hakone itself, but I was planning on going to see the Honda museum at Motegi.

BlackMK4 fucked around with this message at 22:25 on Jan 14, 2018

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
How about from https://www.omoren.com/en/ :v:
Sounds like Toyota doesn't rent manual cars.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
Huh, I'll need to try digging through more of the Toyota rental locations, I kept getting 'a vehicle isn't available in this configuration' when choosing a manual 86.

The Omoren locations with the cool cars are a fair train ride outside Tokyo, for the most part. The really hard part is choosing which car to rent.

BlackMK4 fucked around with this message at 17:15 on Jan 15, 2018

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
Wait until he finds out the Honda Element will fit a motorcycle in it

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
Dude, quit being a tryhard, the goverment has better things to do than take your S15, its registered in florda anyway, so its legit, dont reply unless you know what ur talking about

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
The worst part is that's basically a quote from the seller of a S15 on another site (Zilvia, iirc) not too long ago. :smith:

I'm not aware of the Land Rover fiasco, I'll have to read into that later.

BlackMK4 fucked around with this message at 21:04 on Mar 28, 2018

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

http://www.azjdmimports.com/inventory/1990-nissan-pao/

Need.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

KakerMix posted:

Can't imagine what an automatic-backed 660cc engine would be like to live with.

Probably terrible in America, but fine in Japan :v:
I wish we could bring the S660 in, I'd do it after having driven one.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
Lack of turbo, S660 has a pretty nice interior, and the top looks a lot better on the S660

The S660 feels like a smaller S2000 in almost every way, it is really, really nice for what it is. I expected Kei cars to feel cheap and filmsy.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
I also expected them to be dreadfully slow.... nope. Cruised fine at 100-140kph and felt great in the twisty sections between 40-80kph.
Maybe not the best in America where you have people that don't want to let you merge into 80mph traffic, but probably workable.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
Better off than riding a motorcycle

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
Aren't like half of those pics from KakerMix?

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
:downs:

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
e: I interpreted that wrong. At least it'll clean up nice :)

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
Look at that nice little front elocker there. MMM.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
The 1JZ is a 2.5l inline 6 :) They sound pretty good

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

Olympic Mathlete posted:

I'm not saying this would be the perfect chance to add a turbo to the 1JZ but it's the perfect chance to add a turbo to the 1JZ...

A full 1JZGTE is pretty drat cheap, just sayin :v:

KakerMix posted:

Not yet no, I can't seem to find the right terms with which to search. The only tuning shops I've found around here are Camaros and Mustangs Only clubs, or gently caress-off super truck places.

Where do you live? Can't remember.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
You're not too far from Titan Motorsports. Might try giving them a call, or see if they can recommend a smaller shop.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
I did one in the driveway on a 1FZ-FE (4.5L inline 6). I bet it is bad on cylinder 6, Toyota inline 6 love to blow there. I'm assuming it has something to do with intake manifold shape or the EGR causing that cylinder to run hotter or something.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
Inverted GSXR frontend kills it because it is too drat stiff for the frame to handle, but great otherwise.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
A lot of people seem to have this rose colored glasses thing going about vintage two stroke motorcycles with lovely brakes and noodle like frames.
Yeah, they are fun to poke around on or keep in the garage for a once-in-a-while cruise but...

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
I am more of a small V4 person when it comes to import bikes :v: Seems there is an alright market for the 250 2t imports, if someone knew of an auction site that covered them. Also no pesky RHD to deal with.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
They are starting to pop up around Arizona now
https://phoenix.craigslist.org/wvl/cto/d/1991-mitsubishi-delica-4wd/6596186095.html

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
.....what the gently caress

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
I have no knowledge of the diesels, but a lot of people in the US looking for 80 series will automatically filter out the pre-93 ones in search since they got the even shittier engine, if you're thinking of resale. Maybe that doesn't matter though.