Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

BlackMK4 posted:

Dude, quit being a tryhard, the goverment has better things to do than take your S15, its registered in florda anyway, so its legit, dont reply unless you know what ur talking about

Conversely, why give the feds an excuse to shoot your dog?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Metal Geir Skogul posted:

poo poo, that explains a lot of stuff.

Yes, I had always wondered why all the dark-grey-market Skylines I encountered came out of Florida. Thanks for that explanation.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Femtosecond posted:

Good News! I have boarded the crazy train.

My brother and I bought a rural property up north (oh god please don't tell the guys in the Canada Debt Bubble Thread) and we needed a 4x4 that can navigate the dirt roads around there and fit his family. Being the good west coaster that I am, I of course suggested a Delica.

I just won this. 445k¥

Inspection revealed no faults of note. No tobacco smell which is nice. I got an automatic one since my brothers' wife can't drive standard.

I still haven't found a good Delica resource that exhaustively details all the differences between the limited editions and regular models, so I'm still not entirely sure what extras I get with an "Active World" other than neato graphics.

The approval of this thread came standard with that trim package.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

The Door Frame posted:

That might be the ugliest Subaru I've ever seen

Wrong, it owns. Go mudding all day, then hose it off and get it valet parked in front of Mr. Chow.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

KakerMix posted:

Just wait I'll be the coolest mother fucker at Cars and Coffee and show that Delorean jerk what's up :mad:

Rad.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Femtosecond posted:

Oh boy byebye deals. As a Canadian I really should have been on this years ago. Whoops.

Like the Arse Technica crowd has an attention span. If they even made it to the end of the article they'll elevate prices for a few weeks and then you'll be back to normal.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

everdave posted:

S / 6 – The car is less than 12 months old from the first registration date. As good as new. The exterior and interior are in immaculate condition.
5 – A very difficult grade to obtain, the unit will be in near perfect condition with very minor imperfections.
4.5 – A very high grade that you can be confident in. The car may have some very slight imperfections in the body work. Mileage will be higher than a grade 5.
4 – The exterior may have some small scratches and dents. The car is in above average condition, and often has maintenance records. Will only need minor maintenance/repairs if any at all.
3.5 – This is the most common auction grade and the range of condition is very wide. We recommend getting a third party, professional pre bid inspection on all vehicles, but especially grades 3.5 and lower to confirm a vehicle’s condition. Will need standard maintenance and may need minor repairs.
RA – A car that has had MINOR accident damage and has been repaired well. Aside from the minor damage and repair the condition can be as good as grade 4.5. Definitely worth an inspection!
3 – The exterior has many noticeable large scratches/scrapes, paint blemishes, and/or large dents. They will require body work and/or painting. The interior will likely have some combination of tears, cigarette burn marks, and/or stains. These vehicles will require repairs inside and out to varying degrees.
R – The car has accident history and the damage may or may have not been repaired. Like grade 3.5, the range of condition is very wide. We recommend getting an inspection. The inspectors will be able to tell us where and how severe the damage is. This is a grade often associated with drift and rally cars.
2 – The car is in very poor condition and often denotes the presence of corrosion holes – PASS!

Why would an S, 6, or 5 be auctioned rather than sold privately?

Midjack fucked around with this message at 00:31 on May 18, 2018

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Fffffffffffriday night motherfuckers!

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

KakerMix posted:

I'm not really interested in local auctions but I'd never say never, I might become the largest US dealer in Grand Ams all of a sudden :v:

Reported for posting suicide threats.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Loanarn posted:

I prefer tofu cars.

I dunno, the trucks can really move:
https://youtu.be/J8c5CQtdtgc

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

There's probably either a crate of counterfeit phones or a ton of fentanyl in your car right now.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Loanarn posted:

Oh my god looks at this gem.

Under 10k miles, 4 Rating, Super Clean Interior and Exterior, Stock Radio, Highest Trim level with Turbo, Leather and Alcantera. UNF. Why do I not have 10k to bid on this best in class MR2?!

https://auc.japancardirect.com/aj-6YTUjKU2zvzmZMU.htm

If I had any mechanical acumen or even a place to work on it I would do this. I wanted one of these.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

https://youtu.be/QsvzH0P4T5I

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Rhyno posted:

Psh, you know you'd rather sleep with the cars.

:piss:

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

KakerMix posted:

Since the starting bid doesn't have a bearing on a possible reserve I just ignore it.

loving hell, I thought that particular auction perversion was limited to eBay. Why wouldn't you set the opening bid for the minimum you'd let it go for?

EDIT: found a paper that says secret reserve frequently results in lower prices and fewer sales; their experiment was Pokemon cards on eBay.

Midjack fucked around with this message at 02:36 on Sep 11, 2018

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

KakerMix posted:

Helllllllssss yeah, going to be a shiesty dealer soon enough :getin:

With keis you can have twice the inventory in the same floor area.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

KakerMix posted:

My guess is there is no reserve on it. Your bid would be against everyone else's bid that goes after it world-wide. If you are the highest bidder you pay something like 500 yen on top of the next highest bid, you never pay your full bid price unless you hit directly on reserve.
This isn't like eBay where you actively bid, you prepare, bid, then wait. The auction comes up, flashes through the bids for a few seconds, then ends. You find out if you won. Thousands of bids a day cycle through, all the work is in preparing your bid, the rest is waiting.

Everyone forgets you can use eBay like that too.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Snowy posted:

Yeah it's crazy, there's never a good reason to put a bid in before the last second if you can help it.

I can't be bothered to :f5:, I just put in the max I'm willing to pay when I see the auction. Someone else wants it worse, too bad for me!

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

:yeshaha:

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Edit:nope

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

And a gold chain.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

IOwnCalculus posted:

I thought MariCar is finally getting sued to death by Nintendo?

Hasn't stopped them from operating! :v:

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

everdave posted:

I know we had the tsx but they are rare and I don’t know enough and I doubt we ever got a manual. Why can they just not make manual wagons and sell them here? poo poo I’d take a corolla wagon all day long New.

We never got a TSX Sport Wagon with manual in the US. If they did I'd have bought one and would probably still be driving it today in that better world.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Snowy posted:

Since when has Facebook been asking for id? Lots of people have accounts under fake names don’t they?

They did a bot bust a few months ago and my fake name account got swept up in it. You have to prove identity by having 3 friends supply a recovery code or send in IDs. I don't have any friends and no IDs in that name so I'm hosed there. I think you can sign up for an account without an ID but lol if they're making it easier for you to get a passport than a Facebook account.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

McTinkerson posted:

One of us Canadians should buy this and keep it "warm" for our southern neighbours.

http://bids.b-pro.ca/aj-zY77pdhFaHTbNP.htm

Mary Kay GT-R? :getin:

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Would your warehouse situation let you set up one of those small freestanding carports outside indefinitely? Alternately, is there a large dining fly or tarp or something you could set up and take down as needed?

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

There's a lot of av candidates in the scans you posted but this really jumped out at me:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

KakerMix posted:

lol what the gently caress why did they use a skylite roof model and just cover it up with abortive train details? lol

:yeshaha:

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

ashrum3 posted:

evo 8 was one of the best car made in japan all wheel drive and good horse power

:gb2gbs:

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

It’s accident free because they meant to hit that pole.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

KakerMix posted:

:patriot::patriot:

Seriously though there is a difference, I've started just hotlinking directly from our website since why upload twice? I suspect that would be the reason. I did send my VPN through Australia and New Zealand just to see if there was any country-specific stuff going on but they still worked for me.

They may have still been cached from when you viewed them without a VPN. For what it's worth, they show up on my computer just fine but not on an iOS device at the time of this post so it may be an Awful app problem.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

KakerMix posted:

Well they better work now, rehosted all of them!

They show in the iOS app now.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

wilfredmerriweathr posted:

Wow. Just woke up to an email from Mat - that rusty rear end hiace of mine got rated 3.5 by uss Yokohama! Can't wait to see what it brings!

This should also underscore the need for a third party inspection even on vehicles rated highly by the auction house because let's be honest - how the gently caress did that happen? :cool:

Haha awesome, take then money and run when it moves!

And get those 3pis before you buy, kids.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Relevant to thread: https://mikeshouts.com/japans-kei-truck-garden-contest/

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Rhyno posted:

Sorry Kaker but you ain't gonna top that one.

*KakerMix passed Rhyno his beer*

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

wilfredmerriweathr posted:

I dont know if this will piss Mat off

What’s he going to do, stop talking to you?

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

everdave posted:

When it gets here I have to decide whether to take all this off and reveal the pristine underneath or leave it to point out when selling it, not sure

If you’re selling it leave it wrapped.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Bring a Trailer, it’s eBay Motors for import cars with a bunch of commenters who desperately want to make sure you see how much more they know than you do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

I guess this is an additional thing that can go wrong in this game. Do you eventually get a payout from the ship's insurer? I'm sure that's tons of fun trying to get through.