Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bennyfactor
Nov 21, 2008

This is incredible, but I assume it's the size of a shoebox.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bennyfactor
Nov 21, 2008

KakerMix posted:

Good to hear, I just assumed whatever I sold the extra parts for would make up for the shipping the grill. Super stoked that its included guys, I can't say that enough, going to tear out that goofy hanzo steel one out ASAP.

Speaking of shipping:

Certified Fresh. This will be the newest vehicle we've imported as it's only became legal last month (Feb 1994 build date). 50,000 miles on the clock. This Delica is a bit odd though as it calls itself 'Super Exceed' on the exterior badges. A Super Exceed Delica is among the highest level of trims offered on L300s. You get dual batteries, nicer interior fabrics, thicker floor mats, 'frocked' trim on the inside (where you'd normally have smooth or hard plastic around the windows and on the doors you instead get that lightly soft fuzzy stuff), Crystal Lite Roof and Cool Box. The other thing you are supposed to have is a 4 speed automatic, the literature I can find says this, as well as the Delica brochure we have. This Delica has everything a Super Exceed does besides that automatic.

This thing is mint! One thing though, I think that the interior trim is "flocked" rather than "frocked", that's the word for, say, artificial Christmas trees that have fake fluffy snow sprayed on them, or the fuzzy pretend grass in railroad model sets, etc. Would make sense if it got mistranslated frocked what with Japanese not having a native "l" and such.

bennyfactor
Nov 21, 2008
Saw this on twitter and thought of you guys. Incredible looking. Is it a one-off or is this "Deliboy" a normal model? It's a 1994 so it's US-importable.

https://twitter.com/midnightdorifto/status/1193753086533222400

bennyfactor
Nov 21, 2008

This is a good photo. Pro dog. There were a bunch of these (with maybe an updated front grill/fascia) running around in rural Venezuela when I spent part of the summer there in 2004, but left hand drive — I think Toyota has/had a plant there? They called the little 2 door ones "Machitos". Would be cool to try to import one of those, but I'm sure the current political situation between the US and VE would end up with it being a nightmare.