Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe

Quoting for :3:

Am I a fool for still wanting a Pike car? It looks like Duncan is siphoning them all up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe
Well done Kaker!

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe

Isometric Bacon posted:

Such a cool and rare car. I'll bet the new owner will be happy. I've only ever seen one here in Aus and we have alot of JDM imports.

Speaking of Aus JDM imports, mine finally arrived... Longest 6 months of my life. And I couldn't be happier.

A 2006 Toyota Century. One of the most exclusive cars sold in Japan in its day, sold to high profile executives and the likes of the Prime Minister and Emperor...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s1erJ1eVmLo

...Now being driven around by a drongo and his bogan family down under.

This one is silver and is one of only 120 made in this colour over its entire 20 year manufacturing run.

It's full of a bunch of amazing and quirky details, such as massaging / heating and cooling seats, a million different interior lights and mirrors, lights, a airline style wooden tray table and the centre of the front seat folds in half to allow the rear passenger to stretch their legs out.

It's also Japanese as hell, with lace powered curtains, cigarette lighters in every door and a V12 engine that is so quiet you'd think it was an electric car.

I'm pretty enamoured with it so far, particularly as everything works for an older car and the condition is amazing. It's quite a hoot dropping the kids off at school in their own private limo.

Incredible pictures too. I am jealous.

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe
Heck yeah, Turbo Tercel!

Speaking of weird Tercels - If I ever have the disposable income, I'd love to get a Sera. Replacing any part of the glass or bodywork would be an issue.

Also looking at the old Centuries on offer, and being reminded that smoking was (is still?) pretty big in Japan! Especially among the executive class.

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe

KakerMix posted:

Exact same car yeah. Yoshi said sometimes there is a window of time where someone can pull out of a deal with heavy fines, but who knows.

The car itself is a vibe, it's still a FWD 163~ hp 4cyl, but all I deal in is vibes so this fits.

It's so clean! I mean this completely unironically - that sounds like highly entertaining amount of torque steer.

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe

MikeyTsi posted:

Think I may have just seen an import goon in the wild today, rocking a red kei fire truck in a Taco Time parking lot.

Pretty sure I've seen that exact truck too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe
Lovely car, Kakermix.