Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat
If anyone has trouble with US customs my old man is an independent customs broker. He's based out of Miami but has a national license.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat
The info is
Daniel Casale
P.O. BOX 521079
MIAMI, FL 33152-1079
(305) 971-8337
Casalebroker at Gmail

Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

Does anyone have a recommendation for a customs broker? Likely trying to move a over-25 year car from Livorno to Detroit if possible but Northeast if not.

Figured this might be a good place to ask.

You can always call my old man. He's been a broker for 30 years and has legally cleared almost all manner of things. His info is in the OP.

Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat

Lord of Garbagemen posted:

The EPA, nhts, and cbp forms only took three hours to fill out for both trucks. Not too bad to do yourself. The 25% chicken tax is for new or used trucks, I am going to play dumb and hope that the agent reviewing the forms on Monday does not care or notice. Wish me luck.

Set aside the money, they can always go after you later.

Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat
If you're going to sell a manual SC300 please let a good have a crack at it first.

Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat
A Skyactiv manual Mazda 3 is a good commuter car.

Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat
In your shoes I'd just hunt down an EP3 as a daily but that's me.

Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat
Titan would know. They're in Orlando and would know someone in the Tampa/Sarasota area. Give them a call.

Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat
I'm totally into both but I'm a drat weirdo.

Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat
Everdave did you get the 2J or 1UZ?

Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat
Put a medium large turbo in it and have a baller sleeper.

Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat

everdave posted:

It actually says 20 days on mine but I've already used up like 4 days

EDIT: Majesta has cleared customs

My broker just solved all my problems with this for $355

Good brokers are always worth it.

Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat
3800 series 2 to be specific.

Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat
Oh. Right. The Datsun got an LS swap.

Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat
I can't do anything about it for a year or two but what are Silvia/180/200SXs going for? I'd love to get a nice one.

Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat
It depends on parts commonality. An AZ1 would make me kind of nervous because I don't think there are any real family members here, but if it was something like a Chaser or Skyline I wouldn't be as worried about parts.

Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat
Your declared value should match your invoice value, or Customs can/will gently caress you.

Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat

sharkytm posted:

Minus shipping costs, handing, port fees, etc. But yeah, customs takes a dim view of playing with values.

Right, the invoice value should be what you paid on the action sheet for the item.

Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat
If your preferred customs broker has a national license they can file for any port in the US. The advantage of getting one local to a given port is the probably know the inspectors and can fix things more easily if things go awry. Most brokers know brokers in other ports, though. It's not a huge community.

Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat
If customs wants certain information the entire onus is on you to give it to them. Do not think for a second they'll look it up for you.

Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat
Sometimes things are just US Customs, but frequently there are multiple other agencies involved.

Landing something doesn't mean anything positive, you really want everything cleared by any involved agency before you make port if possible. Port Storage fees can/are downright nasty, so it's in your best interest to have your ducks laser-linear.

Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat

Darchangel posted:

Yes.

I was led to believe that there were palm trees everywhere in Florida. I am enraged and disappointed.

You can see part of a palm on the right side of the bottom shot.

If you're further inland it's more oak and sand/slash pine.

Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat
That Blizzard is incredible. I bet it would kick rear end on some trails, too.

Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat
Defending stupid is a traditional past time of fellow idiots.

Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat
You could clean that rust up with some sandpaper.

Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat
If it's less than 25 years old and the engine isn't US spec, the EPA can and will gently caress you on this.

Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat
To further Kaker's point, the R34 was much rarer than the 32 or 33 to start with, and more expensive. They're the hero car of many different pieces of media. On top of that, they can still be made fast by today's standards. It's the muscle car thing again, but with more objective awesome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat

The Royal Nonesuch posted:

Lmfao are you for real with this probe Cat? STR takes out a traffic sign and a parked car on his way back home from the bar, gets arrested and posts freely, but everdave gets 24hrs for suggesting someone skirts insurance rules for a few miles to get a car home? I know the guy has unpopular opinions but you could be a little less obvious about it.

One person is advocating for others to break the law for dumb selfish/lazy reasons.

The other is in crisis.

The fact that your made this post is incredible.