Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
That second gen Suzuki Alto Works is calling my name a lot harder than the Autozam.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Nodoze posted:

sell the nc and get a cappuccino

Yech. Those are uggo. Kaker I would be very interested to see pricing on the Suzuki Alto Works. I have the go ahead for the car purchase in April, maybe this is what I need to scratch the itch?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

BigPaddy posted:

You know in your heart you truly desire a March Super Turbo

Oh my goodness

also holy heck the Chantez

Rhyno fucked around with this message at 23:09 on Aug 5, 2017

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Man, look at this

I have a mighty need

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

KakerMix posted:

RS/Z didn't go on sale till 1994 :negative:

I can wait, that's like 18 months. Have you seen any of those for sale?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Well like I said, I'm patient and won't be actively looking to scratch that itch until April.

Edit: Yes I know april is only 2018, I'm saying I won't even be actively looking for the new fun toy until then.

Rhyno fucked around with this message at 19:02 on Aug 7, 2017

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

InitialDave posted:

This is probably the first time this week I've had something come up on Jalopnik's Facebook page that I hadn't seen already elsewhere: Apparently, Honda will be making Beat spare parts still, which I guess makes owning one easier long term.

Not sure how much they're planning, but I assume it'll be primarily stuff that's common failures which they've had the most enquiries about :

http://jalopnik.com/honda-to-produce-new-parts-for-the-beat-so-it-can-be-wi-1797733968/amp

I saw that while I was browsing at work but couldn't get the link to properly share here on my phone. Very cool of them.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

InitialDave posted:

They had this up for £1250, previously, now down to £800:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/232449536937

I like this.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

NitroSpazzz posted:

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1988-suzuki-alto/?utm_source=dailymail&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=2017-08-28

This thing looks fun, shame about the decals being gone. Not sure if the front seats are better or worse than the original.

Oh you bastard. How am I supposed to not buy that?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

NitroSpazzz posted:

I may end up bidding, really tempted even though I'm trying to not buy anything right now. Will be interesting to see what it goes for.

I have a good chunk of non ear-marked money right now. Since mom and dad gave me money for the wedding I could absolutely buy that.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Larrymer posted:

Sounds like a swell idea, you can always get married at the courthouse.

LoL, tell her that.

But no really, I could do a cash advance on a credit card and buy it right now. My lady said "it's hideous! but it's your money I guess."

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

KakerMix posted:

Those front seats are original, in at least those are the types that would have come in that car. Might have been swapped with other ones at some point but those are Alto Works RS-* seats. The decals being gone is a crime and probably due to being repainted. Why they replaced the original steering wheel is beyond me, it isn't like it's some big airbag one, it looks quite a bit like this aftermarket one they have. Could have replaced it due to wear.
It also doesn't have any mention of timing belt* but it might be in the service history they have. As I recall there have been two of these before that have come up on BaT, one didn't meet it's reserve and the other one was sold as a no reserve but the seller pulled out and was banned from BaT.

*In the comments it looks like the seller is saying the previous owner had it done? Normally it's a metallic sticker they plop on the timing cover itself but it might be the sticker on the frame of the car just in front of the cover.

We seriously bounced this back and forth for the last hour and I decided not to bid. I'll probably regret it later but I really like the RS/Z's styling more so in 2019 you're gonna find me one of those.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

KakerMix posted:

While they don't come up often they still do come up so you shouldn't worry too much. Besides you might find something else that you like in that time!

I am in love with the idea of a tiny car like this. I figure whatever I do in the spring for a new car (BMW, Evo whatever) I can probably sack away enough cash for a Kei in no time.

Just gotta learn to shift left handed.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Applebees Appetizer posted:

That's easy, the hard part is getting in on the right side of the car :v:

why must life be so complicated!

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
That is amazing.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Wow.

What would something like this one have run after import and shipping costs?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Red_Fred posted:

Yeah there are heaps of S-Cargos in New Zealand

Yuck. Snails are gross.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Holy crap that Crown is badass as well.

Kaker I'm jusy gonna come live in one of your vans.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

KakerMix posted:

There is no coming apocalypse of tiny trucks that are going to make you late to work.

the best apocalypse

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Olympic Mathlete posted:

All these dudes were bullied at school.

Nah, I think you'll find these guys were the bullies.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

I don't think people are cross shopping either, I'm just kinda shocked at the prices people are paying.

Fool. Money. You know the rest.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

KakerMix posted:

$16,000 was the RCR sale price of the AZ-1.
Also yeah that video was more him reading the Wikipedia article rather than the driving of the car.

Which is pretty much why i quit watching his stuff.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
That's majestic is gently caress. Better get yourself an actual crown to wear while driving it.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Ferremit posted:

If you havent seen it already, the MCM season finale is something really special bout buying a car in japan and importing it...

I loved it. I'm not a Z guy but it reminded me of by Celica quite a lot.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
That is the Autobot Trailbreaker.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
You could give me the Crown to make room for one of those!

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Where are you putting all of these things?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Lol no, I would need something that could at least maintain highway speeds and not kill me in a 30mph collision.

Wuss.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
You have a backyard right?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
No street parking in your hood? poo poo dude, I live in an apartment and we got room for four!

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Lame.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Listen to the thread Leica, Scions are for nerds.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Man, this stuff is spreading

https://fortwayne.craigslist.org/cto/d/honda-acty-japanese-donestic/6542074499.html

(1988 Acty)

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I'm very curious to see what that Cressida goes for, especially with the added hype of the MCM build.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Well now I have to know what the asking price on the Crown will be.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

BigPaddy posted:

If California splits into three states does that mean it would cause triple cancer?

This is the only California split I'm interested in

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

You Am I posted:

Otisburg?

OTISBURG?!?

It's just a lil bitty place!

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
You hear that noise?

It's the sound of the entire forum being jealous as shiiiiiiiiiit.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

KakerMix posted:

Especially for getting it so cheaply. It has some faded paint which is nothing a fine spritz can't fix or go even lazier and just wrap it. It might need a timing belt done as there is no indication when the last time it was done and I'm sure it will be filthy dirty and it does look like it has some goofy seats installed. It's going to be a project! A project that can fit under my bed.

I hate you btw.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
You could carry snacks in the frunk!