Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Senor P.
Mar 27, 2006
I MUST TELL YOU HOW PEOPLE CARE ABOUT STUFF I DONT AND BE A COMPLETE CUNT ABOUT IT

gimpsuitjones posted:

I'm a massive idiot and considering attempting to export an AE86 from Japan.

If you go the online auction route, or deal with more of a middle man, be careful with who you use.

There are more than a few companies out their scamming others.

I seem to remember there was a certain company that shows up one of the first hits on google search.

I asked a local PNW importer guy and he said he had issues with vehicles received from them as well as what they claimed they did have (Filling orders for stuff they supposedly had but did not, so they shipped something.. similar)

Also keep in mind you still have to pay shipping (2-3k) and taxes (can't remember what it is for other vehicles but I know light duty trucks for the U.S. are 25% due to the chicken tax.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Senor P.
Mar 27, 2006
I MUST TELL YOU HOW PEOPLE CARE ABOUT STUFF I DONT AND BE A COMPLETE CUNT ABOUT IT
Just wondering but how do the Nissan Patrol's compare to the land cruiser? Were'nt they pretty comparable in terms of style and ruggability?

Senor P. fucked around with this message at 03:52 on Apr 24, 2018