Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
the pleasure lagoon eventually stopped blessing him with healing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy
kleasure pevin

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

"The faster you use your cooldowns, the faster you can use them again"
i still want the VRML forums

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
RIP pleasurekevin
his career was cut short
due to the pleasures

big shtick energy
May 27, 2004

you've got the money, but he's out of time

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

where is Kevin I didn't even notice that he was gone.

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Displeased Moo Cow posted:

where is Kevin I didn't even notice that he was gone.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4DgbUBoxa48

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

lol

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

he is posting in a better place now

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy

Sagebrush posted:

i'm still waiting to throw my money at Cooking With Smythe

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
lets free him

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
kevin, free to a pleasurable home

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy
these posts have given me no pleasure kevin

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

he died, the pleasure was too great :rip:

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

I'll never forget except for that one time when I forgot about Kevin just before

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

I hope whatever new forums software we get will have a better search engine that indexes all my wonderful posts so I can find them later. The current one seems to be missing a bunch.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
all i want is a notification that someone quoted me. i cant imagine how many tens of thousands of interesting questions ive been asked that i have missed vecause i cant be hosed reading anthing but the 3 most recent posts

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

echinopsis posted:

all i want is a notification that someone quoted me. i cant imagine how many tens of thousands of interesting questions ive been asked that i have missed vecause i cant be hosed reading anthing but the 3 most recent posts

Yep. @Mentions, new posts notification when you are on a thread, maybe a live list of the folks who are currently looking at a given thread. I like the livestream mode from valeyard's chrome addon. A native version of that would be sweet.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
yep

those enhance the experience rather than change it into something else

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
gay hard reality is that forums like this get posted to
and replied to all day long, not just when maybe one dude from
hungary who likes toasters got home from work and arab david needs to have a break from digging for oil who also has a passion for toasters but vehemently disagrees with the hungarian on a number of points but can't post until 5/am the next day

pram
Jun 10, 2001
makes sense

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

echinopsis posted:

and replied to all day long

Mind blowing stuff. Epic win, as they'd say.

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

echinopsis posted:

hungary who likes toasters got home from work and arab david needs to have a break from digging for oil who also has a passion for toasters but vehemently disagrees with the hungarian on a number of points but can't post until 5/am the next day

:yeah:

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

echinopsis posted:

cant explain it but i think i just leveled up on the kinsey scale

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

none of that poo poo will ever get implemented
also people have been suggesting features like that since qcs was opened

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice
i'd just like a notification if someone makes a good post. after a decade, I still haven't seen or made one

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
the irony is that feature has been implemented since 2007

ass
Sep 22, 2011
Young Orc

echinopsis posted:

This.

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

someone pleas help Echi-rear end out for gods sake

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

i, too, want notifications when echi is quoted

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

poo poo like notifications would require a completely different infrastructure. I mean for gently caress sake, there hasn't been a forums update in half a decade and I don't even know what the point of xenforo is anyway, so forget asynchronous notifications for the foreseeable future?

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

i think the point of xenforo is to migrate off the rickety shitheap of bespoke php and bailing wire that currently powers the forums to something not written by a man who believes bitfields are the solution to all life's problems.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

like, there's a whole bunch of poo poo that sorta almost nearly works, except when it doesn't. so rather than having zdr run around sticking his fingers in the dike every time it springs a leak, in perpetuity, they can migrate to a fairly sane backend that has actual developer support

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

The servers are falling apart but forum readership is also dropping, and eventually they'll converge at some steady state

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
wire is not used for bailing and is incapable of such a task. it is very useful for baling, though.

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

Sham bam bamina! posted:

wire is not used for bailing and is incapable of such a task. it is very useful for baling, though.

bailing wire and duck tape

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
"duct tape" is actually duck tape. it was originally named for its water resistance. it is almost never used on ducts.

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

Sham bam bamina! posted:

"duct tape" is actually duck tape. it was originally named for its water resistance.

and taping ducks together

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
well, duh

ck

• Locked thread