Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

pram posted:

lol i wouldnt pay a reoccurring fee

ya you would lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

good on mate

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

a patreon for the forums, I have no interest in supporting that

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

biznatchio posted:

I'm looking forward to the forums becoming generic web 2.0 forum garbage

dont
sign
youre
akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

mike12345 posted:

a patreon for the forums, I have no interest in supporting that

:yossame:

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

OldAlias posted:

deceptively difficult at scale, or would cost more time and money to do properly than what's available

I don't consider forums dot something awful dot com to be an 'at scale' problem

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

it could be done, just somebody has to do it.

the problem is that nobody capable wants to do it.

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

you know when it takes you on the timescale of years to notice that your main programmer(s) aren't actually doing any work, you probably don't need to be changing anything

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

pram posted:

I already do

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

SmokaDustbowl posted:

I already do

you probably make up 4% of that 8% revenue

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

akadajet posted:

you probably make up 4% of that 8% revenue

I sure love anime and avatars

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

no that's the patreon for making fun of video games, that hasn't seen a content update in over a month

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

thats not true. theres some episodes of a lovely podcast that nobody will listen to

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
actually, there's not

the podcasts are on the gg youtube channel, but they're not part of the patreon that pays $300 whole amarican dollars per month

pram
Jun 10, 2001

SmokaDustbowl posted:

I already do

lol

pram
Jun 10, 2001

infernal machines posted:

no that's the patreon for making fun of video games, that hasn't seen a content update in over a month

lol

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

oh wait, now it's for the forums and murder the internet too, it's just called gaming garbage

quote:

Although it's for Gaming Garbage, it's also designed to support the SA Forums and our new podcast, "Murder the Internet." So if you'd like to have a certain amount of money vanish from your banking account and mysteriously end up in my banking account, you know have the incredible ability to make your wildest fantasies come true! God bless the internet!!!

Oh, and thank you for loving Pupkin.

two new posts on patreon too! amazing

pram
Jun 10, 2001
so much value

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

i don't want to give lowtax the wrong idea, since he clearly reads my posts. dear richard, i wholeheartedly appreciate your commitment to maintaining this mouldering corner of the internet, regardless of the costs, financial or personal.

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

i don't want to give lowtax the wrong idea, since he clearly reads my posts. dear richard, i wholeheartedly appreciate your commitment to maintaining this mouldering corner of the internet, regardless of the costs, financial or personal.

I'm actually lowtax in disguise and I'm going to make you watch lupin the third until you die

it's in the terms of service sorry

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

incidentally, he's gotten an extra $55/mo since pinning that update that links to his pateron.

i wonder what would have happened had he done that when it launched a few months ago.

pram
Jun 10, 2001
lowtax is our absent forums father. i miss u dad

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

incidentally, he's gotten an extra $55/mo since pinning that update that links to his pateron.

i wonder what would have happened had he done that when it launched a few months ago.

does he have psychological issues that prevent him from making a forums patreon

wtf is this

Generic Monk
Oct 31, 2011

ate all the Oreos posted:

what the hell is even the target market for this website lmao

bros who like hippie newage bullshit i guess?

if it's anything like ladbible these kind of sites pivoted from 'blandly offensive' to 'blandly inoffensive' when they realised it's harder to grow your business when people keep writing articles about how your core fanbase's interests amount to 'screaming in the faces of homeless people' and 'touching up unconscious women'

Satellit3 posted:

i know this image was posted in antoher thread but i want to understand. it says highest % of millennial traffic. thats just a ratio, yes. its not saying that any great number of millennials visit this site. question.

i have so many questions about this list. although i guess it's more questions about why anyone would visit these sites, including this one

Generic Monk fucked around with this message at 08:46 on Aug 6, 2017

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Generic Monk posted:

i have so many questions about this list. although i guess it's more questions about why anyone would visit these sites, including this one
everything on that list seems so much worse than this dead gay forum too lol

also i visit here b/c web 2.0(or are we 3.0 yet?) world is confusing and terrible to my feeble old brain and im a creature of habit, and everything is poo poo(tier)

been doing local sub reddit the past few years too but the rest of that site is so bad

Generic Monk
Oct 31, 2011

Xaris posted:

everything on that list seems so much worse than this dead gay forum too lol

also i visit here b/c web 2.0(or are we 3.0 yet?) world is confusing and terrible to my feeble old brain and im a creature of habit, and everything is poo poo(tier)

been doing local sub reddit the past few years too but the rest of that site is so bad

reddit is a loving mystery to me, that site layout is maddening

i am 23 and as a depressed teenager spent a lot of time on lovely vbulletin forums. facebook and twitter are second nature. even loving tumblr is navigatable. reddit makes me feel like i have dementia

Generic Monk fucked around with this message at 16:23 on Aug 6, 2017

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

you are 2/3 my age

Generic Monk
Oct 31, 2011

ironically reading a dying internet forum full of bitter old men (not that anyone in this thread is necessarily bitter or old) for a few years does wonders to incite you to be more positive and open in your daily life

it's hard to read gbs and not come away feeling like it's a direct line into the delusions of the balding, muttering genXer in cargo shorts behind you in the mcdonalds queue

Generic Monk fucked around with this message at 16:45 on Aug 6, 2017

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

Generic Monk posted:

ironically reading a dying internet forum full of bitter old men (not that anyone in this thread is necessarily bitter or old) for a few years does wonders to incite you to be more positive and open in your daily life

it's hard to read gbs and not come away feeling like it's a direct line into the delusions of the balding, muttering genXer in cargo shorts behind you in the mcdonalds queue

it's hard to read gbs period.

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

Generic Monk posted:

in ten years that'll be you

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

Generic Monk posted:

a treatise about the use of doors while disabled and a reel mower megathread. truely despicable

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

I want radium back

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

BONGHITZ posted:

I want radium back

he never left

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
the real radium was inside us all along

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

the end game to this joke is that radium never existed in the first place

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Generic Monk posted:

(not that anyone in this thread is necessarily bitter or old)

lmao

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

The Management posted:

the real radium was inside us all along

well that explains the tumors at least

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

akadajet posted:

the end game to this joke is that radium never existed in the first place

it's a fight club scenario where lowtax and radium are the same person

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

The Management posted:

it's a fight club scenario where lowtax and radium are the same person

lol if this wasn't obvious to you years ago

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

pram posted:

i presume you didn't even pay to become
unbanned, someone just realised your added value to the forums and reinstated you

since i actually detract from the forums on a whole, i'd probably have to pay a loaded premium to stay here. i'd pay a yearly amount.

• Locked thread