Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?

The Management posted:

the real radium was inside us all along

this is painfully obvious every time i read old code i wrote

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

we all just figments of lowtax's personality disorder

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

"The faster you use your cooldowns, the faster you can use them again"
what if we just like, keep doing this

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
well presumably zdr will get sick of tending this bespoke artisanal trash fire and start asking for money or something equally unreasonable

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

zdr is radium and also lowtax

vodkat
Jun 30, 2012

cannot legally be sold as vodka

mishaq posted:

lowtax, radium and zdr

the father, the son and the Holy Spirit :catholic:

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

infernal machines posted:

well presumably zdr will get sick of tending this bespoke artisanal trash fire and start asking for money or something equally unreasonable

who cares what zdr thinks? there will always be another.

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-
i am confident it's going to be worth the wait

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

big scary monsters posted:

i am confident it's going to be worth the wait

weight

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

vodkat posted:

the father,
Yes. Good

Great. Go on. keep em comin

vodkat posted:

and the Holy Spirit :catholic:
No

RISCy Business
Jun 17, 2015

bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork
Fun Shoe
let the forums die richard

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

RISCy Business posted:

let the forums die richard

let us all die

RISCy Business
Jun 17, 2015

bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork
Fun Shoe
free us

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

vodkat posted:

the father, the son and the Holy Spirit :catholic:

:pray:

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Powaqoatse posted:

let us all die

please

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

akadajet posted:

it could be done, just somebody has to do it.

the problem is that nobody capable wants to do it.

I've actually been working on one because I am insane and exactly zero people are interested in a react + java forum.

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
what percentage is production-ready

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

geeves posted:

I've actually been working on one because I am insane and exactly zero people are interested in a react + java forum.

lol i've been working on a dumbass react+java project in my free time too what are the odds that we're both idiot masochists

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

it's like a lot of people have little side project apps that mimic that sites they use...

yeah, I have an incomplete SA clone done in vue.js and node :(

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
yeah, i have a heap of old tires i soaked in diesel oil and tossed a road flare on

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

what happened to that guy that was rewriting the site in erlang lol

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

he had to stop due to personal reasons, but 50% of it was production ready. also they weren't paying him so nobody cared

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

summer was over and he had to go back to high school

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

BONGHITZ posted:

I want radium back

Wait, what happened to Radium?

Was there something about it on Gaming Garbage? I remember hearing some sort of drama about Lowtax's YouTube getting baned or something?

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

radium got fired for being a completely ineffectual BOFH for longer than even lowtax could tolerate.

gg got shut down briefly because lowtax kept bagging on shmorky for being a pedophile diaper fetishist and someone reported him for harassment

RISCy Business
Jun 17, 2015

Fun Shoe
erlang loving sucks

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

RISCy Business posted:

erlang loving sucks

Yeah, but what about elixir?

RISCy Business
Jun 17, 2015

Fun Shoe

akadajet posted:

Yeah, but what about elixir?

don't know what that is, can't help you

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

RISCy Business posted:

don't know what that is, can't help you

I think it's erlang reimagined by rubyists

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

radium got fired for being a completely ineffectual BOFH for longer than even lowtax could tolerate.

gg got shut down briefly because lowtax kept bagging on shmorky for being a pedophile diaper fetishist and someone reported him for harassment

i read all the email chains that lowtax posted wrt radium

lowtax is ultra bad at telling when he's getting shafted

thus radium did literally nothing for like 5 years and lowtax somehow didn't notice

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

So who's the lobster now?

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

qhat posted:

i read all the email chains that lowtax posted wrt radium

lowtax is ultra bad at telling when he's getting shafted

thus radium did literally nothing for like 5 years and lowtax somehow didn't notice

radium/lowtax/zdr's code still works a decade later though

eric
Apr 27, 2004
Lipstick Apathy
Just shut it all down and get a desk job.

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
pram bring back the eirka

RISCy Business
Jun 17, 2015

Fun Shoe

akadajet posted:

I think it's erlang reimagined by rubyists

yikes

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

Silver Alicorn posted:

pram bring back the eirka

:yeah:

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

shmorky was the guy with the high and annoying voice, right?

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

mishaq posted:

radium/lowtax/zdr's code still works a decade later though

5 years of gbs only accounts pissed down the drain though

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Schadenboner posted:

shmorky was the guy with the high and annoying voice, right?

shmorky was a klurf, i'll leave it up to you to go down that rabbit hole

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

he had to stop due to personal reasons, but 50% of it was production ready. also they weren't paying him so nobody cared

"I am going to open source this as soon as it is somewhat production ready".

As esoteric as erlang / elixir are when it comes to mainstream products, the guy claimed it was 70-80% ready. Why not open source it at this point and let others contribute?

It should have been open sourced from the beginning with a good steering committee so that one person couldn't derail it with their personal issues. Instead we pretty much had radium 2.0.

• Locked thread