Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

a patreon for the forums, I have no interest in supporting that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

infernal machines posted:

incidentally, he's gotten an extra $55/mo since pinning that update that links to his pateron.

i wonder what would have happened had he done that when it launched a few months ago.

does he have psychological issues that prevent him from making a forums patreon

wtf is this

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

Generic Monk posted:

ironically reading a dying internet forum full of bitter old men (not that anyone in this thread is necessarily bitter or old) for a few years does wonders to incite you to be more positive and open in your daily life

it's hard to read gbs and not come away feeling like it's a direct line into the delusions of the balding, muttering genXer in cargo shorts behind you in the mcdonalds queue

in ten years that'll be you

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

Acer Pilot posted:

tbh i'd miss the forums if they were gone

what else am i gonna read when i poop?

facepunch is like gibbis

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

Sham bam bamina! posted:

lowtax is too proud to acknowledge so directly that the site needs it

uh he'd probably prefer if the site died and he could focus on his own creative endeavours instead.

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

none of that poo poo will ever get implemented
also people have been suggesting features like that since qcs was opened

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

flakeloaf posted:

the correct answer is to move the whole thing to slack, and the "it takes too long to scroll back more than a few minutes" problem is solved by reminding people that nothing posted before yesterday has any value whatsoever

yeah that's good

• Locked thread