Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Satellit3 posted:

i know this image was posted in antoher thread but i want to understand. it says highest % of millennial traffic. thats just a ratio, yes. its not saying that any great number of millennials visit this site. question.

im bro bible dot com

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

what the hell is even the target market for this website lmao

bros who like hippie newage bullshit i guess?

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

paid "perks" like that are built in to xenforo already, actually

at least they're on the control panel of my dinky little dork forum, i've never used them

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

geeves posted:

I've actually been working on one because I am insane and exactly zero people are interested in a react + java forum.

lol i've been working on a dumbass react+java project in my free time too what are the odds that we're both idiot masochists

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

what happened to that guy that was rewriting the site in erlang lol

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

i would like to know what offsite we all have planned as the secret yospos emergency lifeboat if the forums were to go down because i don't want to lose you my precious postin' pals

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

i don't like how the android app doesn't show avatars because i like imagining everyone is actually their avatar

like im some horrible pony homunculus that does nothing but scream all the time, smacking the keyboard with my stubby, unjointed pony homunculus arms

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Silver Alicorn posted:

the android app doesn’t show avatars? :staredog:

actually it does, for some reason I got "avatars" and "custom titles" mixed up in my head cuz im dum lol

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

hifi posted:

you have to press the avatar to see the custom title

wait really, i swear I tried that before and it didn't do anything, gently caress

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

OldAlias posted:

lol that owns. i remember an art project like that, it was like space invaders but every enemy you destroyed deleted a random file off your computer

that reminds me of this one robot a guy built that decides if it wants to hurt you using some set of criteria and then stabs you in the hand with a needle

art!

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

ultravoices posted:

if someone had told lil ultravoices that in the future we'd have machines do all the spelling for us

i remember i was bad at cursive back in elementary school and the teacher gave me extra take-home sheets and i practiced a bunch to get better like a little dork and now i feel real ripped off

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

OldAlias posted:

they kept kicking its importance down to some future point like all through school up to university, but at that point laptops were everywhere. still good and the fastest way to take notes (off compute) and write tests

i seem to remember a study that found that people who write non-cursive all the time write just as fast as people who write cursive all the time and whichever you find faster comes down to which one you use most

idk if that still holds now that nobody writes at all ever though

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

mike12345 posted:

none of that poo poo will ever get implemented
also people have been suggesting features like that since qcs was opened

all of that already exists in xenforo either natively or as plugins so :shrug:

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Notorious b.s.d. posted:

how is it 2017 and the cutting edge choice in web forums is still a php abomination

um excuse me it's a php abomination with heavy javascript use :smug:

also there's a chat plugin but it costs extra (from a third-party dev). my dumb gay forum has it because the users really wanted it and apparently it's nice, like you can reference forum posts in the chat and the chat can get recorded / tied to the posts etc. i don't use it because it's fuckin' browser based but they seem to like it :shrug:

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Fergus Mac Roich posted:

I think you mean inertia

inertia is an object's resistance to a change, momentum is how much "moving" a thing has. they'd both work in this case :shrug:

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

e: quote is not edit :downs:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Fergus Mac Roich posted:

i was making the joke that php would have a quality that has a negative connotation rather than a positive one. didnt realize it wouldnt be clear to anyone else.

oh huh i've never read any sort of positive or negative connotation to momentum or inertia by themselves

• Locked thread