Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Generic Monk
Oct 31, 2011

ate all the Oreos posted:

what the hell is even the target market for this website lmao

bros who like hippie newage bullshit i guess?

if it's anything like ladbible these kind of sites pivoted from 'blandly offensive' to 'blandly inoffensive' when they realised it's harder to grow your business when people keep writing articles about how your core fanbase's interests amount to 'screaming in the faces of homeless people' and 'touching up unconscious women'

Satellit3 posted:

i know this image was posted in antoher thread but i want to understand. it says highest % of millennial traffic. thats just a ratio, yes. its not saying that any great number of millennials visit this site. question.

i have so many questions about this list. although i guess it's more questions about why anyone would visit these sites, including this one

Generic Monk fucked around with this message at 08:46 on Aug 6, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Generic Monk
Oct 31, 2011

Xaris posted:

everything on that list seems so much worse than this dead gay forum too lol

also i visit here b/c web 2.0(or are we 3.0 yet?) world is confusing and terrible to my feeble old brain and im a creature of habit, and everything is poo poo(tier)

been doing local sub reddit the past few years too but the rest of that site is so bad

reddit is a loving mystery to me, that site layout is maddening

i am 23 and as a depressed teenager spent a lot of time on lovely vbulletin forums. facebook and twitter are second nature. even loving tumblr is navigatable. reddit makes me feel like i have dementia

Generic Monk fucked around with this message at 16:23 on Aug 6, 2017

Generic Monk
Oct 31, 2011

ironically reading a dying internet forum full of bitter old men (not that anyone in this thread is necessarily bitter or old) for a few years does wonders to incite you to be more positive and open in your daily life

it's hard to read gbs and not come away feeling like it's a direct line into the delusions of the balding, muttering genXer in cargo shorts behind you in the mcdonalds queue

Generic Monk fucked around with this message at 16:45 on Aug 6, 2017

• Locked thread