Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

no that's the patreon for making fun of video games, that hasn't seen a content update in over a month

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
actually, there's not

the podcasts are on the gg youtube channel, but they're not part of the patreon that pays $300 whole amarican dollars per month

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

oh wait, now it's for the forums and murder the internet too, it's just called gaming garbage

quote:

Although it's for Gaming Garbage, it's also designed to support the SA Forums and our new podcast, "Murder the Internet." So if you'd like to have a certain amount of money vanish from your banking account and mysteriously end up in my banking account, you know have the incredible ability to make your wildest fantasies come true! God bless the internet!!!

Oh, and thank you for loving Pupkin.

two new posts on patreon too! amazing

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

i don't want to give lowtax the wrong idea, since he clearly reads my posts. dear richard, i wholeheartedly appreciate your commitment to maintaining this mouldering corner of the internet, regardless of the costs, financial or personal.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

incidentally, he's gotten an extra $55/mo since pinning that update that links to his pateron.

i wonder what would have happened had he done that when it launched a few months ago.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

The Management posted:

the real radium was inside us all along

well that explains the tumors at least

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

well presumably zdr will get sick of tending this bespoke artisanal trash fire and start asking for money or something equally unreasonable

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

yeah, i have a heap of old tires i soaked in diesel oil and tossed a road flare on

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

he had to stop due to personal reasons, but 50% of it was production ready. also they weren't paying him so nobody cared

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

radium got fired for being a completely ineffectual BOFH for longer than even lowtax could tolerate.

gg got shut down briefly because lowtax kept bagging on shmorky for being a pedophile diaper fetishist and someone reported him for harassment

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Schadenboner posted:

shmorky was the guy with the high and annoying voice, right?

shmorky was a klurf, i'll leave it up to you to go down that rabbit hole

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

geeves posted:

"I am going to open source this as soon as it is somewhat production ready".

As esoteric as erlang / elixir are when it comes to mainstream products, the guy claimed it was 70-80% ready. Why not open source it at this point and let others contribute?

It should have been open sourced from the beginning with a good steering committee so that one person couldn't derail it with their personal issues. Instead we pretty much had radium 2.0.

we had a guy who said he'd rewrite the forums from scratch in under six months in his particular flavour of bullshit, by himself, for no money.

this was not ever a viable project and no amount of open sourced steering would have corrected its course into a dumpster

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

the toilet

forget quiet self-reflection, i need something awful dot com!

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

it's a fox

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

shh, i'll lose my job at the hen house

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

it was v. nice of them to keep your cyberpunk gang tag when they did it

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

You want to catch those drippings for couch gravy

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

bonus: he broke his rear end and isn't recording any podcasts for a while, podcasts being the thing they were going to do since they got bored with gaming garbage

but at least the forums are still up

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

me too

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

cis autodrag posted:

tried to put on his hat too hard

impressive really

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

akadajet posted:

imagine a jimmy wales donation campaign banner, but it's lowtax's rear end instead.

how much do banners cost? i think i want to do this

e: oh my god they're free! they are not and i'm bad at internet.

still :10bux: ain't bad

infernal machines fucked around with this message at 21:29 on Aug 16, 2017

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

enable "good posting" while you're at it

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

kevin, free to a pleasurable home

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

the irony is that feature has been implemented since 2007

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

i think the point of xenforo is to migrate off the rickety shitheap of bespoke php and bailing wire that currently powers the forums to something not written by a man who believes bitfields are the solution to all life's problems.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

like, there's a whole bunch of poo poo that sorta almost nearly works, except when it doesn't. so rather than having zdr run around sticking his fingers in the dike every time it springs a leak, in perpetuity, they can migrate to a fairly sane backend that has actual developer support

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Sham bam bamina! posted:

wire is not used for bailing and is incapable of such a task. it is very useful for baling, though.

good catch farmer brown

• Locked thread