Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

pram posted:

lol i wouldnt pay a reoccurring fee

i presume you didn't even pay to become
unbanned, someone just realised your added value to the forums and reinstated you

since i actually detract from the forums on a whole, i'd probably have to pay a loaded premium to stay here. i'd pay a yearly amount.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

ate all the Oreos posted:

i would like to know what offsite we all have planned as the secret yospos emergency lifeboat if the forums were to go down because i don't want to lose you my precious postin' pals

twitter may not be it but it *will* be the way to stay in the loop

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

pram posted:

yeah waffleimages was a really successful project

every morning i open up r1chs guide to image formats and every morning i pray then and there

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
it's never let me down

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
what's the bet your balls have a little bit of poo poo on them right now

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
i'm at lunch at work. i work with one person today and we do shifts for our lunc. i have already talked to my wife on the phone, done a bit of other social media and now phone posting this garbage

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
lol

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
all i want is a notification that someone quoted me. i cant imagine how many tens of thousands of interesting questions ive been asked that i have missed vecause i cant be hosed reading anthing but the 3 most recent posts

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
yep

those enhance the experience rather than change it into something else

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
gay hard reality is that forums like this get posted to
and replied to all day long, not just when maybe one dude from
hungary who likes toasters got home from work and arab david needs to have a break from digging for oil who also has a passion for toasters but vehemently disagrees with the hungarian on a number of points but can't post until 5/am the next day

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

qhat posted:

poo poo like notifications would require a completely different infrastructure. I mean for gently caress sake, there hasn't been a forums update in half a decade and I don't even know what the point of xenforo is anyway, so forget asynchronous notifications for the foreseeable future?

completely different instructure

gently caress a craweler could do the job easy

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Fergus Mac Roich posted:

I think you mean inertia

?? no??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004