Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
geeves
Sep 16, 2004

akadajet posted:

it could be done, just somebody has to do it.

the problem is that nobody capable wants to do it.

I've actually been working on one because I am insane and exactly zero people are interested in a react + java forum.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

infernal machines posted:

he had to stop due to personal reasons, but 50% of it was production ready. also they weren't paying him so nobody cared

"I am going to open source this as soon as it is somewhat production ready".

As esoteric as erlang / elixir are when it comes to mainstream products, the guy claimed it was 70-80% ready. Why not open source it at this point and let others contribute?

It should have been open sourced from the beginning with a good steering committee so that one person couldn't derail it with their personal issues. Instead we pretty much had radium 2.0.

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

pram posted:

xenforo 2.0 is actually titan. radium has been playing the long game

No results for xenforo in CPAN.

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

qhat posted:

Lowtax failed waffleimages since he completely failed to back-up the images before waffleimages disappeared. So many photoshop phriday threads lost like piss in an ocean.

I thought radium claimed to have done that or maybe that from another hosting service (imageshack?) and radium intended to do waffle for the long term. I forget the timeline of stuff. But also radium.

Maybe a pretty good copy of waffle exists somewhere, just is offline and need to track it down. S3 isn't terribly expensive, might be a stop gap solution.

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

Satellit3 posted:

im the aluminium foil pan under the couch

????????

It's for the cath bag overflow.

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

creationist believer posted:

it's actually cartoon dog tits, or japanese cartoon dog tits if you really feel the need to specify

The furry concentration camp will be back in force with nilbog v.2.3.3432 elixir awesome forum thing

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

wrong thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

infernal machines posted:

how much do banners cost? i think i want to do this

e: oh my god they're free! they are not and i'm bad at internet.

still :10bux: ain't bad

thinking about making a fake xenforo 2.0 banner as well?

• Locked thread