Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
it's everyone's dream for people to show up, throw money at you, and then leave, never to return

these guys are spoiled

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
i don't know how much of their economy is tied up in tourism but i don't see how visitors for parts of the year are ruining their lives

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
i for one like this thread a lot

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
C-SPAM means off-topic everything, everywhere, especially at night. You might have better luck when it hits daytime on the East Coast. Good thread and good topic though!

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

mrbradlymrmartin posted:

having an economy centered around attracting tourist fuckos thats only gonna even be there part of the year is the problem

like, have you ever been to myrtle beach in november? its like an empty hell, but tackier

yeah but at the same time if that's all you can get for your town or region then :shrug:

better than nothing and it's not like scaring away tourists is going to suddenly make business / money flow in from other routes

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

mrbradlymrmartin posted:

yeah tourism can be argued to be better than nothing but its the worst industry to try and attract because its all bullshit minimum wage crap

kill tourists and sell their relatives fancy bespoke artisanal coffins

i mean the thing about tourism is that you either have it or you don't, it's a characteristic of that general location. they're going to have tourists no matter what because i guess the area is nice so it's up to them to either make money or don't

it seems very dumb cuz it's not going to make things better

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
i don't know about israelis but can you really be as bad as mainland chinese tourists?

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
if you hate tourists you just wait for the next group to roll in, eventually you'll find tourists you like

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
tourist appeal is a characteristic inherent to the particular location. it's not going to go away and that appeal isn't what makes the area rich or poor

• Locked thread