Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Pluskut Tukker posted:

Yeah, I don't think you can call a 12% tourism share in GDP a 'tourism-based economy' though obviously its importance is not insignificant. The problem is more that Barcelona lends itself a lot better than NYC to going out, getting drunk and partying in the street both weatherwise and pricewise, so that's what people do. And there's a limit to how many drunk Brits anyone can take (us Dutch are also annoying but usually a bit more harmless).

Drunk Aussies are the worst.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

safely sodomized posted:

drunk brits are worse than aussies

hopefully Brexit means less drunk british tourists

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Horseshoe theory posted:

Friendly reminder that Catalonia's big thing is FYGM secession from the rest of Spain, so who gives a poo poo what those goobers want.

Also basques too

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Maybe the solution is to rename nice US cities like Detroit and Camden to Barcelona?

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Thug Lessons posted:

Protesting against tourism in Spain makes about as much sense as protesting the weather. You would literally have to leave the EU and enforce harsh immigration restrictions to prevent it. It's not a real issue.

Tourists are selfish for visiting a place with mediterranean climate instead of Finland.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Plutonis posted:

I went to Barcelona last march and every restaurant, museum and other attractions were pricier the gently caress out more than any place I visited except for Paris and by that alone I reconsidered my views on how Francisco Franco treated them during the Spanish Civil WAr

The :ironicat: how it went from a anarchist hotspot to a tourist trap for fat drunk Brits and other undesirables.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Drunkboxer posted:

they'd never expect it

It would also solve the tourism problem they are whining about

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Thug Lessons posted:

Americans are some of the worst tourists on earth but at least they're not Israelis

actually at events like Oktoberfest the servers prefer americans over other tourists since they are seen as more friendly and better tippers than people from other countries.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Inescapable Duck posted:

The protesters aren't the ones making the money

maybe they should set up authentic angry leftist rally tours for tourists?

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Inescapable Duck posted:

Molotov cocktails, $20 a bottle

take home mini-sized signs and other souvenirs.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Madrid is a much better city

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Plutonis posted:

It's chillier as hell but it had some magnificent museums and theaters.

Still really nice mediterranean climate especially in the summer months.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

A Buttery Pastry posted:

GTA saved the West.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7eW9qF585IY

• Locked thread