Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
longview
Dec 25, 2006

heh.
i like the din41612, it's got lots of pins assuming you need them, rackers only. only issue imo is no leading ground so no hot swap.

anderson powerpoles seem to not be poo poo? just started using them and it seems like a convenient connector for high power, but there's no easy way to panel mount them so that's a negative.

soldered up a lemo 1b series today, they're nice and all but the fairly short distance between the back of the pin piece and the strain relief clamp makes it more of pain than it needs to be.
also if they'd made the flats on the connector bit a few mm longer then a standard 10mm wrench would fit, but instead you have to buy their special wrench that's never stocked.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

longview
Dec 25, 2006

heh.
so what sort of interface would need a bunch of separately shielded 4 pin connectors?

longview
Dec 25, 2006

heh.

Lightbulb Out posted:

here's a datasheet with more info https://www.newark.com/wcsstore/ExtendedSitesCatalogAssetStore/cms/asset/images/americas/common/storefront/te_connectivity/quadrax.pdf on them

the seperately shielded 4 pin connectors are called quadrax

so i guess they use them for two differential lines per quadrax? i guess that's useful for the standards listed, seems like faster interconnects like 10 gbe direct attach cables use separately shielded twinax.

--

these are pretty ok, amphenol ecomate, allegedly ip67 when mated, leading ground for safety.

all plastic and no good way to terminate shielding so best for lower frequency high power stuff, 4 pin versions have screw terminations so they're pretty easy to field assemble.

• Locked thread