Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

it looks like the boots on cables plugged into ports 9 and 11 (?) would also block the usb ports

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

here are the connectors i use on my motorcycle

4mm bullet plugs, for simple 2-wire things like turn signals (put a heat shrink around them after connecting)

molex micro-fit for internal electronic connections that aren't going to be exposed to rain and sun

fully gasketed waterproof deutsch-style connectors for anything external

works for me

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

My Linux Rig posted:

Lol how did you manage to gently caress up a mag safe connector

basically every magsafe plug i've ever seen is either split and frayed right at the junction where a normal company would stick a strain relief, or starting down that path. my sister went through like four of them on her old macbook.

also we had a lab at the old school that had a bunch of g5s with apple pro mouses and half of them were suffering the cable-snaps-internally-right-at-the-junction mode of failure. they crap out after like a year of use on the dot.

iphone headphones do it too.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

it's not clear what people are doing to their magsafes, but i've had the same properly strain-relieved thinkpad power adapter for the last four years of going in and out of my bag and bouncing around on the back of a motorcycle and it's still like new.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

you would probably be electrocuted

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

that's the beauty of it

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

the new-ish thinkpad power connector that is exactly the size and shape of a usb port, but 19v, is real fuckin' neato (fortunately you can't accidentally plug one into the other)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Bloody posted:

the shoulder, and knee, while both being pieces of poo poo, are not connectors, but are instead joints. if you demate your shoulder or knee you will not be able to re-mate them

the shoulder isn't really even a joint. doesn't have interlocking bone pieces. the whole thing is basically just strapped on the side of your torso with a bunch of crisscrossing muscles

• Locked thread