Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal

Nuebot posted:

So I'm up to like season four now and absolutely loving this, even their digressions into weird unrelated things. I'm totally right there with them when they talk about relating so much to Bart and or Lisa as a kid. Great podcast and their love for Phil Hartman is top notch. These guys have sold me on the giving the rest of the lasertime stuff a go too.

Here's an unrelated question though; are there any other podcasts like this where people go through series episode by episode and talk about it? I know there's one for One Piece but the hosts, and their guests, were so obnoxious I couldn't make it very far into it.

There’s a lot of these for modern shows, I know Sex Archie is a good one about Riverdale and Griffin McElroy did a Bachelor one with his wife called Rose Buddies that stopped when the show got real bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING
I'm rather fond of both the Business family of shows (Sailor Business for Sailor Moon, Xena Business for do you really need me to tell you this one?) and Monster of the Week, which is admittedly not ep-by-ep on Supernatural.

The closest to the researched nature of Talking Simpsons/Critic would be Xena Business just because they have an actual historian give them information on the era, area, and myths related to each ep, and Chris Sims does some behind the scenes/commentary checking.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
My love for Talking Simpons was cemented when they made a reference to Sammy and put out a call for somebody to give them the episodes. I'm not the only person who remembers this! It needs to be seen!

Nuebot posted:

Here's an unrelated question though; are there any other podcasts like this where people go through series episode by episode and talk about it? I know there's one for One Piece but the hosts, and their guests, were so obnoxious I couldn't make it very far into it.

Go Bayside did this for Saved By the Bell, with a different person acting as co-host every episode - some familiar with the show, others seeing it for the first time. Pretty fun.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

Nuebot posted:

So I'm up to like season four now and absolutely loving this, even their digressions into weird unrelated things. I'm totally right there with them when they talk about relating so much to Bart and or Lisa as a kid. Great podcast and their love for Phil Hartman is top notch. These guys have sold me on the giving the rest of the lasertime stuff a go too.

Kumail Nanjiani's X-Files Files podcast was really good but is unfinished, it quietly stopped putting out new episodes after the revival season last year (which Kumail actually had a supporting role in, in part because of the podcast and both the attention it drew to the show and because it introduced him to the writer) but there's still a good number of seasons.

Also in other media, Bonfireside Chat is an area-by-area breakdown of all the games in the Dark Souls series as well as it's spinoffs and one of the host also does a chapter by chapter series about the Dark Tower books with relevant Stephen King stories like The Mist and The Stand also being explored between books.

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

Sorry, I'm quite busy at the moment.
Gilmore Guys did this with the Gilmore Girls.

Just One More Thing does it with Columbo, but not in order.

Out on the Lanai covers The Golden Girls.

Hooked on T.J. Hooker covers Tekwar T.J. Hooker.

Truu Stowray did this with the first season of The Real World and I know they've talked about doing another season at some poin.

I'm surprised there's not a category for these episode-by-episode shows to make them easier to find.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.
The Orville Will Be Cancelled is this style, but it's very much a hatewatching version.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING

SilentChaz posted:

I'm surprised there's not a category for these episode-by-episode shows to make them easier to find.

I've always just heard them referred to as "rewatch" podcasts since by and large they're for completed series.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Pope Guilty posted:

The Orville Will Be Cancelled is this style, but it's very much a hatewatching version.

I've never watched The Orville but everyone keeps talking about it so I'm going to check this out, and a lot of others mentioned here. Thanks for the recommendations everyone.

• Locked thread