Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica
These dorks always have one bad/wimpy/whiny take on the classic episodes' jokes, but this is bearable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica
Goddamn these people are such pedantic, clueless ninnies. They have this incredibly annoying reliance on constantly criticizing the flexibility of characters' behavior to suit jokes or episodes as this hugely significant breach in the show's continuity, when the Simpsons. They think celebrity jokes about Johnny Carson or some other worthless famous person are worth speculating about how they were received by the offended party, if they resented the Simpsons, and if so why did they agree to do a voice 2 years later hmmmmmm. No, this is not worth wondering about. It wasn't something to wonder or care about at the time of the episode's release, and it is not now in 2017. They are obsessed with continuity in general, which seems to so miss the strength of the show's brilliant irreverence and self-awareness. And they're always insanely histrionic about the cruelty of the characters and how damaging it would to if this happened to real children, or spouses, or town citizens, or old people in an old folks' home. Yeah, no loving poo poo Homer is a bad father and Quimby should not be re-elected mayor, and the institutions in Springfield are dysfunctional. You've got to be stupid as hell to think that's worth commenting on sincerely, but there they go always doing it, either missing the point that it's supposed to be dysfunctional and cruel, or getting it and still thinking that they're saying something interesting by bringing up the central tenant of the Simpsons style of humor??????? And this fourth person they brought on today, the woman, is the least humor-inclined person I've ever heard speak about humor. She said the introduction segment of Lisa on Ice with the funny Kent Brockman scene and the scene with Bart going outside in his pajamas expecting snow was a "non-sequitur." How is that a non-sequitur in any way, metaphorical or literal, when the Simpsons is a show about the silly and cynical antics of the American town of Springfield and there have been many such segments before. That's not a non-sequitur. I can't say the regular hosts are any better. I really hope I'm done with this show; it makes me so angry.

Maybe most pathetically and aggravatingly, they constantly invoke that cliche of "boy we're gonna get letters about this one, fire up your keyboards commenters because we deserve it" whenever they say anything, anything at all, that's not something from the above brilliant and concise rant.

gently caress THESE LOSERS

• Locked thread