Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gunder
May 22, 2003

Cliffy B interview where he says he's "not worried" about the slow start. Mentions that he thinks the open Alpha was a mistake, as it misrepresented the vision of what the game eventually turned into. I hope he's right about being able to get a better player base slowly over time with updates and content.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gunder
May 22, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xxkazbHOgwM Dev blog about upcomming fixes and new classes.

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough
occupy best mode with blitzball being the worst...lasts too long and can be a loving slog. Not a big fan of Turf War either. Give me Occupy, Uplink and Overcharge keep the rest.

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

I like the territory mode where you just cap points like TF2 and OW, but the one where you have to stand for VPs is kinda dumb. The game is about fast, evasive jet-packing but then the objective is to stay still on the ground to win.

Love the game as a whole so far. Been playing too much OW and it's nice to deal damage without shields absorbing everything, or healers instantly negating any poke damage I do. Favorite moments so far are bringing someone down to near death from afar then ambushing them at the nearest health station.

Sub Harrison fucked around with this message at 05:58 on Aug 14, 2017

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough
I'm having a lot of fun in the uplink/ball/charge modes which is kinda surprising becuase im not usually a ctf or ctf styled obj guy.

a lot of intense moments like this:
https://streamable.com/3c9rv

then everynow and then you get blessed with a stress free take
https://streamable.com/tv21i

Javes
May 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT APPEARING OFFLINE SO I DON'T HAVE TO TELL FRIENDS THEY'RE NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR MY VIDEO GAME TEAM.

deadwing posted:

I'm gonna pick this up and play it for the next month until Destiny 2 comes out, which is approximately how long the game will have a player base.

I'm excited for Destiny 2 but I plan on playing this game for the foreseeable future. I imagine this game's player base will be similar to titanfall, a small but dedicated group. I love lawbreakers' speed and that's something I definitely will not get in Destiny.

Gunder
May 22, 2003

The Nvidia highlights thing is cool. It auto-captures your "highlights" via ShadowPlay. So far it has captured a few double kills and one triple. I wonder what else it considers a highlight?

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
I spent a lot of time playing Enforcer this weekend. Does getting multi kills in my speed boost restore health? I swear it felt like after every triple kill I got, I had full health and armor... Was I getting healed by a medic and not realizing?

Gunder
May 22, 2003

Getting kills while distortion field is active replenishes your fuel meter, thus extending its duration. That's it as far as I know. Also, did you know that distortion field applies its bonuses to players nearby? It seems many Enforcers don't realise this.

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

Javes posted:

I'm excited for Destiny 2 but I plan on playing this game for the foreseeable future. I imagine this game's player base will be similar to titanfall, a small but dedicated group. I love lawbreakers' speed and that's something I definitely will not get in Destiny.

Javes, I'm assuming you're playing LB on pc?

Gunder posted:

Getting kills while distortion field is active replenishes your fuel meter, thus extending its duration. That's it as far as I know. Also, did you know that distortion field applies its bonuses to players nearby? It seems many Enforcers don't realise this.

Yeah I was aware of both those things. Enforcer is a drat good pick for any game mode.

The robots are loving cheesy as hell and I officially get salty every time they kill me.

Javes
May 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT APPEARING OFFLINE SO I DON'T HAVE TO TELL FRIENDS THEY'RE NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR MY VIDEO GAME TEAM.

el B posted:

Javes, I'm assuming you're playing LB on pc?

Yeah. I pre-ordered Destiny 2 on PS4 but I think I'll double dip on PC. Don't think I can go back to 30 fps...

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

Javes posted:

Yeah. I pre-ordered Destiny 2 on PS4 but I think I'll double dip on PC. Don't think I can go back to 30 fps...

I don't blame you. I watched a lot of Division, and currently watch Overwatch streamers... They look so drat beautiful compared to console :(

Gunder
May 22, 2003

I can't really conceive of people playing LawBreakers on PS4. I bet it's a much slower game on PS4 with far less fancy movement tricks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Gunder posted:

I can't really conceive of people playing LawBreakers on PS4. I bet it's a much slower game on PS4 with far less fancy movement tricks.

in that case that's probably where I should get it

• Locked thread