Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Soral
May 30, 2009

asstiny poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Anyways, in 2 you get them from loot boxes, they're one-use consumables, and they're timed. If you don't want your guy to look awful you gotta buy lots of loot boxes and cross your fingers that you get some colors you like. e p i c

Also they come in sets of three, and you have four armor slots

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

LOL

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

:catstare:

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

Lmfao

White Genocide
Feb 22, 2010

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

mama mia

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
are there any poptart themed skins?

Sir John Feelgood
Nov 18, 2009

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

loot is loving awesome

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i love: loot, numbers, character builds, build wikis, random drops, unique drops, color coded drops, armor skins, cash shops, set items and color coded items.

do you think i'd like destiny 2?

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

sector_corrector posted:

i love: loot, numbers, character builds, build wikis, random drops, unique drops, color coded drops, armor skins, cash shops, set items and color coded items.

do you think i'd like destiny 2?

Did you like the first game? Destiny 2 is a pretty standard sequel: basically the same as the first, but improved upon somewhat. Gunplay feels really good, the story's actually pretty coherent this time around, and if you're a loot-addicted retard like me whose brain floods itself with dopamine when you see that this gun or cape has higher numbers than the one you already have well you're in luck my man because loot is dropping constantly.

I haven't even seen where all this micro transaction stuff comes in but I also haven't jumped into the PVP yet which I guess is where most of that stuff would come in.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
I haven't messed with color coding stuff at all so I've avoided the micro transactions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

Is it handsome in here, or is it just me?

I thought I'd hate the shader stuff but every time you "level up" after hitting the level cap you get an engram that I think always has some shaders and may have some currency to buy them. I've gotten less than 10 and could already buy about 15 shaders and I've gotten a bunch as drops anyway.

If you play Destiny a lot anyway I don't think it'll be a huge deal in the end and I like that you can now shade your weapons, ships, and sparrows now.

• Locked thread