Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS

Season 1 | Season 2 | Season 3 | Season 4 | Season 5

Back to life. Like Jon Snow. In Game of Thrones.

Like the city of Mereen, we are a free league. Also like the city of Mereen, our dialogue is dumb as heck, we negotiate with one-sided & insulting trade offers, and the person in charge doesn't know what he's doing. Oh, and we have a keeper system.

Site:
ESPN - League Page

Scoring:

1Q / 2R / 2W / 1T / 1 WRT / 1DST / 7 BN - no kickers
0.5 PPR otherwise ESPN standard

Draft & Schedule:
Wednesday September 6th, 9PM Eastern
H2H weeks 1-13
Playoffs: 4 teams qualify then 2 rounds of 2-week playoffs (wks 14-17)

Keepers:
Up to 3 keepers
Keeper values are last years auctions' cost plus $5
Auction is a $200 budget.

And GoT related names are mandatory of course.

Previously on Game of Roto:
S1 Champ: nerve (Hallyne's Wildfire)
S2 Champ: Sataere (We Do Not Suh)
S3 Champ: uublog (The Raineys of Castamere)
S4 Champ: RVProfootballer (Khal Tebow of the Chipraki)
S5 Champ: Marshmallow Blue (All Men Must Tear ACLs)

nerve fucked around with this message at 02:22 on Aug 14, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS

CLAIM YOUR TEAM

Teams:
1. Hallyne's Wildfire (nerve)
2. Tyrion My Wayward Son (SouthShoreSamurai)
3. The Manning Faced God (flax)
4. You Need the Bad Prosise (bbf2)
5. Mance Raiders (kaynorr)
6. Never Go Full Hodor (Marshmallow Blue)
7. Valyrian Steelers (CompeAnansi)
8. An Unleashing of Dragons (Oh Snapple!)
9. Ser Jameis Lannister (Gobias Ind.)
10. Three Eyed Crowell (cheese)
11. Khal Tebow (RVProfootballer)
12. Cleveland Bronns (Michael Corleone)

Auction values. Add $5 to everything. Or go to here then here.

nerve fucked around with this message at 00:07 on Sep 1, 2017

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc
Back as Ser Jameis Lannister! Likely with a new name this year because I'm a dummy and dropped Winston.

e: FA pickups will have a salary of $6 if kept, correct?

Gobias Ind. fucked around with this message at 01:01 on Aug 9, 2017

kaynorr
Dec 31, 2003

Mance and his Raiders will ride again.

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS

Gobias Ind. posted:

Back as Ser Jameis Lannister! Likely with a new name this year because I'm a dummy and dropped Winston.

e: FA pickups will have a salary of $6 if kept, correct?

I believe that's how we've done it in the past, yep. Unless they were drafted last season, their auction value still applies then.

I also disabled acquisitions for now because that seemed fair

nerve fucked around with this message at 04:48 on Aug 9, 2017

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
The Bronns are back.

Marshmallow Blue
Apr 25, 2010
ALL MEN MUST TEAR ACLS!

Back to defend the leather throne.

But reborn as "Never Go Full Hodor"

Marshmallow Blue fucked around with this message at 15:30 on Aug 9, 2017

bbf2
Nov 22, 2007

"The White Shadow"
I am back with the bad Prosise

CJ will be poisoned and locked in a dungeon while Pete Carroll is forced to watch him decay

Fight Club Sandwich
Apr 29, 2006

you want a piece of me???
running into some really bad biarve @ work so probably can't play this year, JPP's littlefinger can go to waitlist

SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe
Aw yeah! Tyrion's back!

That's a great write up, Nerve!

Marshmallow Blue posted:

ALL MEN MUST TEAR ACLS!

Back to defend the leather throne.

But reborn as "Never Go Full Hodor"

This is also funny. :golfclap:

Fight Club Sandwich posted:

running into some really bad biarve @ work so probably can't play this year, JPP's littlefinger can go to waitlist

Noooooo :(

Marshmallow Blue
Apr 25, 2010

SouthShoreSamurai posted:

This is also funny. :golfclap:

Everybody knows yah never go full hodor

SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe

Marshmallow Blue posted:

Everybody knows yah never go full hodor

Most women can't. ;)

SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe
So with Zeke being a big dummyhead, is there anyone here interested in trading for him? It's a risk I'd rather not take. Could be good value if his appeal works. And then he'd be in your control next year.

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS
All teams will be open to new owners if not claimed by Monday!

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012
Hey, I'm in! Thanks for the heads up, nerve, I didn't even see the thread.

Edit: And Khal Tebow is almost certainly keeping Ajayi for $11 and Ware for $12. I also have Crowder and Tyrell Williams as FA $6 keepers, and Demarco Murray for $31, if anyone wants to try to swing a trade.

sourdough fucked around with this message at 20:36 on Aug 14, 2017

Marshmallow Blue
Apr 25, 2010

So with Zeke being a big dummyhead, is there anyone here interested in trading for him? It's a risk I'd rather not take. Could be good value if his appeal works. And then he'd be in your control next year.

For 60$, no thanks.

cheese
Jan 7, 2004

Shop around for doctors! Always fucking shop for doctors. Doctors are stupid assholes. And they get by because people are cowed by their mystical bullshit quality of being able to maintain a 3.0 GPA at some Guatemalan medical college for 3 semesters. Find one that makes sense.
Any of these teams still available? I'd take the White Welkers :)

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS

cheese posted:

Any of these teams still available? I'd take the White Welkers :)

Giving the original owners until Monday, you're first on the wait list!

CompeAnansi
Feb 1, 2011

I respectfully decline
the invitation to join
your hallucination
I never got the email invite to the league.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

I'm back!!

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS

Yeah!

CompeAnansi
Feb 1, 2011

I respectfully decline
the invitation to join
your hallucination
New player with keeper questions: How do we set our keepers? Is it via the site or does the commish handle it manually? When will we know who everyone's keepers are so we know what players will be in the auction? Finally, is it keep up to three players? Or keep exactly three players?

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

CompeAnansi posted:

New player with keeper questions: How do we set our keepers? Is it via the site or does the commish handle it manually? When will we know who everyone's keepers are so we know what players will be in the auction? Finally, is it keep up to three players? Or keep exactly three players?

Oh, thanks for mentioning it, I forgot we voted to go up to three keepers. And it's up to three, don't have to keep any if you don't want. The rest I'm not sure!

Marshmallow Blue
Apr 25, 2010

CompeAnansi posted:

You can sign into the site and set keepers from your team page.

CompeAnansi
Feb 1, 2011

I respectfully decline
the invitation to join
your hallucination

Marshmallow Blue posted:

You can sign into the site and set keepers from your team page.

Found it. Don't use ESPN for any of my other leagues anymore so I'm a bit rusty on it. Also, on the keeper page it answers another one of my questions. The keepers lock on 9/3, three days before the draft.

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS
Yeah you set your keepers from your team page after logging in. On the 3rd after everyone has theirs set I will add $5 to all the values and then post the list of keepers in the thread.

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS
Okay buds, we have two new members this season, CompeAnansi taking over JPP's Littlefinger and cheese taking over the White Welkers. Welcome to the league and may your biarves be strong.

Now that the league is full I'm going open up acquisitions Wednesday at 5pm Central. Remember, any players that are FA now are still susceptible to their value from last auction, so no Gronk is not $6

Marshmallow Blue
Apr 25, 2010

nerve posted:

Okay buds, we have two new members this season, CompeAnansi taking over JPP's Littlefinger and cheese taking over the White Welkers. Welcome to the league and may your biarves be strong.

Now that the league is full I'm going open up acquisitions Wednesday at 5pm Central. Remember, any players that are FA now are still susceptible to their value from last auction, so no Gronk is not $6

My keepers are so good. I don't need to waiver nobody. In fact, I expect nothing less than total domination. Will entertain lopsided trades for Thomas Brady

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

nerve posted:

Isn't it weird to open FAs before the draft? I don't remember if this is something we voted on or what, but I don't think I've ever been in a league that does that, so not really sure how it'll affect stuff.

Edit: I guess it's just so teams with literally no keepers can snipe some FAs?

But uhh what's to stop someone from grabbing a rookie? Just aren't allowed?

sourdough fucked around with this message at 19:21 on Aug 15, 2017

Marshmallow Blue
Apr 25, 2010

RVProfootballer posted:

Isn't it weird to open FAs before the draft? I don't remember if this is something we voted on or what, but I don't think I've ever been in a league that does that, so not really sure how it'll affect stuff.

Edit: I guess it's just so teams with literally no keepers can snipe some FAs?

But uhh what's to stop someone from grabbing a rookie? Just aren't allowed?

HERE HERE

FA's should be locked until post draft.!

http://imgur.com/xUEZtqv

Edit: I can't get the dang link to embed the image so you'll have to click it but it's FCS declaring such rules in stone that no man or beast may change.

Marshmallow Blue fucked around with this message at 21:06 on Aug 15, 2017

CompeAnansi
Feb 1, 2011

I respectfully decline
the invitation to join
your hallucination
Agreed. FAs should stay locked and part of the draft pool.

SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe
Also agree. There's no reason that FA's should be able to be picked up in off-season.

The only thing that should be allowed is trading. Also we should figure out a way to trade auction $ as well. That would rule.

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS
Huh okay well I'll leave em locked then fellows

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS

Also agree. There's no reason that FA's should be able to be picked up in off-season.

The only thing that should be allowed is trading. Also we should figure out a way to trade auction $ as well. That would rule.

I don't think that's possible within ESPN's software but I will look into this because that would be very cool

cheese
Jan 7, 2004

Shop around for doctors! Always fucking shop for doctors. Doctors are stupid assholes. And they get by because people are cowed by their mystical bullshit quality of being able to maintain a 3.0 GPA at some Guatemalan medical college for 3 semesters. Find one that makes sense.
What happened in between you posting pictures of the team rosters and now? Where did Jay Ajayi gooooooo :(

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS

cheese posted:

What happened in between you posting pictures of the team rosters and now? Where did Jay Ajayi gooooooo :(

Owned, that's the draft recap. He was either dropped or traded.

cheese
Jan 7, 2004

nerve posted:

Owned, that's the draft recap. He was either dropped or traded.
Ohhhh, I thought those were the rosters at the end of the season...

Edit: Also happy to be here, first time doing an auction keeper league so here we go!

cheese fucked around with this message at 01:54 on Aug 16, 2017

Marshmallow Blue
Apr 25, 2010

cheese posted:

Ohhhh, I thought those were the rosters at the end of the season...

Edit: Also happy to be here, first time doing an auction keeper league so here we go!

Best advice is dont auto draft. You'll spend like 100$ on peyton manning

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

cheese posted:

He went onto my roster :D

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe

RVProfootballer posted:

He went onto my roster :D

Free agent pickups that turn into studs are just the bees knees. :3: