Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Marshmallow Blue
Apr 25, 2010
Can we set the keeper lock date to a few days before the draft so we have time to plan?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS

Marshmallow Blue posted:

Can we set the keeper lock date to a few days before the draft so we have time to plan?

When do y'all want it to lock gimme a date I'll set it

Marshmallow Blue
Apr 25, 2010
Oh looks like it alreayd is a few days out. Not sure why I thought it was right before the draft basically.

I recant my request.

Marshmallow Blue
Apr 25, 2010
Also, If you follow this one weird trick, you can win fantasy by a landslide.

Don't have more than 3 players on your roster worse than the top 20 on your roster.

Looks like a repeat isn't going to be as easy as I thought.

SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe
I have no idea what that means.

CompeAnansi
Feb 1, 2011

I respectfully decline
the invitation to join
your hallucination
It means his team was stacked with players in the top 20 at their position. By my count, he had 12 players (out of 15) that were in the top 20 at their position.

Marshmallow Blue
Apr 25, 2010
I'm very excited about this years potential, but I think I'm nearing the tail end of riding that Antonio Brown Trade to success.

SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe

nerve posted:

I don't think that's possible within ESPN's software but I will look into this because that would be very cool

Ever have any luck finding out if you could trade auction $?

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS
You can't trade the auction bux, and I can't find a way to edit your auction budget so I can't do it manually. The only prices I can edit are keeper values.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

nerve posted:

You can't trade the auction bux, and I can't find a way to edit your auction budget so I can't do it manually. The only prices I can edit are keeper values.

Edit all my keeper costs to $1 tia

cheese
Jan 7, 2004

Shop around for doctors! Always fucking shop for doctors. Doctors are stupid assholes. And they get by because people are cowed by their mystical bullshit quality of being able to maintain a 3.0 GPA at some Guatemalan medical college for 3 semesters. Find one that makes sense.
One of my keepers is Crowell so White Welkers will henceforth been known as the Three Eyed Crowell.

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS
I love you

SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe
I was trying like hell to come up with a good zombie dragon name, but I can't give up my beloved Tyrion...

Marshmallow Blue
Apr 25, 2010

SouthShoreSamurai posted:

I was trying like hell to come up with a good zombie dragon name, but I can't give up my beloved Tyrion...

Rex Grossman Revived

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Marshmallow Blue posted:

Rex Grossman Revived

Rex Grossman joke name license belongs to me, friend.

Admittedly been considering a change to An Undeadening of Dragons but it sounds terrible to me.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012
Keepers are now in, but salary so far is just from last year, not last year + $5. Just wanted to mention it in case anyone was confused.

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS
I'm going to be adding the 5bux today

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
Uh, I forgot to turn in my keepers I guess, even though I thought I did. Can you just add Pryor for me if at all possible, if not I understand. And Cooper too. Thanks, sorry, I know it is a pain because I have been doing all this same stuff for my own league I run.

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS
There you go!

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Just realized draft is on Destiny 2 launch day.

loving rip me this year.

Marshmallow Blue
Apr 25, 2010

Oh Snapple! posted:

Just realized draft is on Destiny 2 launch day.

loving rip me this year.

80$ Tom Brady here you come!

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames

Marshmallow Blue posted:

80$ Tom Brady here you come!

That's a steal, what did ADP go for 2 years ago, almost $200 right?

Also, thanks Nerve.

Marshmallow Blue
Apr 25, 2010
I think it wad a $90 peyton

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012
Arian Foster for like $50 last year hah. edit: booo only $17

sourdough fucked around with this message at 15:51 on Sep 6, 2017

SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe
Pretty sure I paid $50+ for Jamaal Charles last year...

>.>
<.<

e: yep, $50. And $21 for Josh Gordon. loving :lol:

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

SouthShoreSamurai posted:

Pretty sure I paid $50+ for Jamaal Charles last year...

>.>
<.<

e: yep, $50. And $21 for Josh Gordon. loving :lol:

You could probably get him for a steal at $10-15 this year

According to Bleacher Report's Jason Cole, suspended Browns WR Josh Gordon went to rehab two months ago.

Gordon's last reinstatement bid was denied but he's hoping his stint in rehab will win over Roger Goodell. Per Cole, Gordon is hoping to be reinstated by late September. Fantasy owners obviously can't count on that, but it does make Gordon an interesting stash at the end of drafts. The once-dominant 26-year-old hasn't played an NFL down since 2014. Aug 25 - 4:45 PM

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
I JUST drafted Gordon 5 minutes ago and will do it again tonight!

CompeAnansi
Feb 1, 2011

I respectfully decline
the invitation to join
your hallucination
The draft room is live

CompeAnansi fucked around with this message at 01:12 on Sep 7, 2017

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

I'm scared to look up how much the bot paid for these QBs

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012
Meh, Khal Tebow could've been better, could've been worse. I think I ended with $12 left over. Bench full of WR3/4s with upside, passable but not great RB3/4, so I really could've used that $12 to upgrade one of them to a safer RB2 or WR2. Mance Raiders sniped me on a few guys like Gore and Maclin that I thought would be non-sexy but nice depth.

I know some of you had sticker shock with the high end WRs, but I looked at who was available, and it was like Julio, Green, Dez, Hilton as "guaranteed" studs, then Hopkins, Cooks, Keenan Allen maybe, as a clear step below. Really shallow pool of high end WRs, and most teams still had $150+ budget left after securing 2 or 3 solid starter keepers. Hilton is going to end up being a steal once Luck comes back.

Oh Snapple! posted:

I'm scared to look up how much the bot paid for these QBs

lol you got hosed pretty bad, but not by the QBs. $125 of your $147 remaining budget after keepers went to McCoy and Gronk.

sourdough fucked around with this message at 05:26 on Sep 7, 2017

Marshmallow Blue
Apr 25, 2010
loving oops.

Okay so besides the 77$ Julio addition and my stud-AF keepers, my entire roster is hot garbage.

Marshmallow Blue fucked around with this message at 05:56 on Sep 7, 2017

cheese
Jan 7, 2004

Shop around for doctors! Always fucking shop for doctors. Doctors are stupid assholes. And they get by because people are cowed by their mystical bullshit quality of being able to maintain a 3.0 GPA at some Guatemalan medical college for 3 semesters. Find one that makes sense.
Wow that was a loving WHIRLWIND! Had a blast and it was a very strange experience. A fair number of top picks, including OBJ on my team, were kept for sub 30 bucks and it took me a while to adjust to that. I was also torn between trying to get guys like Nixon/Dalvin Cook/etc at prices that didn't torpedo my team this year BUT were low enough that if they went off and became a top 10 RB, I could keep them for a value. Good times!

Marshmallow Blue
Apr 25, 2010
Yeah this is my fav draft every year and I'm bummed i missed it.

Marshmallow Blue
Apr 25, 2010
Looks like Waivers and FA's are closed. When are they opening up?

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS
I'll look at the settings when I get home good call

SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe

RVProfootballer posted:

I know some of you had sticker shock with the high end WRs, but I looked at who was available, and it was like Julio, Green, Dez, Hilton as "guaranteed" studs, then Hopkins, Cooks, Keenan Allen maybe, as a clear step below. Really shallow pool of high end WRs, and most teams still had $150+ budget left after securing 2 or 3 solid starter keepers. Hilton is going to end up being a steal once Luck comes back.

I went into the draft knowing I had a huge amount of house money, prepared to drop a ton on Julio and/or Green. I expected to get one at around $70, but it flew past that and I couldn't bring myself to pay that much for one player. In hindsight, I absolutely should have.

I did essentially get to keep Zeke for $17 cheaper, which allowed me to keep Reek for a cheap price. I have a ton of depth. And I snagged a couple of my breakout guys I was targeting.

All in all, I'd give myself like a C or C- for that draft.

Marshmallow Blue
Apr 25, 2010
I give the auto bot an F+ for blowing a wad of cash on Julio and spending a flat $0 on depth.

So come bye weeks, watch out for some depth trades

SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe
For me, the autodrafter spending $58 on a tight end was the highlight of the draft.

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS
Depth? What the gently caress is depth

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS
All of those Gillislee points going to waste

• Locked thread