Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

holy poo poo the defense scores in this Steelers/Dragons match :lol:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marshmallow Blue
Apr 25, 2010
Yeah theres a ton of teams with mad def scores. Patriots werent one if them (-4)

Marshmallow Blue
Apr 25, 2010
Annnd My RB depth gets lighter.

SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe
You mean Whitehead? You had to know he was gone for a while from the game Sunday?

I actually really love my depth this year. Which probably means it's total trash.

Marshmallow Blue
Apr 25, 2010
Yeah, Woodhead.

I know he's gone. I just wouldnt have drafts CHARLES SIMS or EDDIE LACEY!

Ugh, going to get a tattoo on my butt that has a little clipArt word man named "I autodrafted" making a kicking motion towards my butt.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012
Man, Full Hodor is really betting on Tarik Cohen. I'm glad I used my waiver claim on him! Here's hoping he's not 2017 version of Jordan Howard, haha.

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS
Phew that sure is a trade! Love it

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc
Never go full Hodor

Marshmallow Blue
Apr 25, 2010
I'll have you know this is the strangest thing I've ever done!

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS
I'm genuinely surprised you wouldn't rather have Jones

Marshmallow Blue
Apr 25, 2010
Reasons why I'm going Full Hodor

1. Falcons Exposure - I already have Matt Ryan and Devonta Freeman as starters. Continuing to own Jones means 37.5% of my production is coming from the ATL offense. This could be very limiting.
2. I likely don't have the depth to make a deep playoff run - My bench has some serious depth concerns. With Woodhead out for 8 weeks+, My only servicable running backs are Lynch and Freeman, so I need to shore up the position.
3. I'm a gambling man - If I don't have the depth, I might as well build for next year while still making a push to at least build depth this year and try. If Cohen turns legit, he's $6 next year. Cobb hedges my loss at WR 2 / Flex position lost by Jones. I have AB so I have a great WR1. Just need depth. If we're talking about next year, I won't be keeping Julio for $82.
Edit:4. I'm hoping I can pull off some VooDoo Magic - Like I did with the Eddie Lacey A.Brown trade

Marshmallow Blue fucked around with this message at 17:23 on Sep 13, 2017

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Marshmallow Blue posted:

Like I did with the Eddie Lacey A.Brown trade

I have ptsd from that trade :saddowns:

Edit: Although I think I won that year, 2015 yeah? For like a week, I was riding so high, Lacy and Lynch at RB, who even cares what WRs I had.

Edit2: Allen Robinson, DT, Keenan Allen, and Calvin Johnson all at some point in the season :stare: Also had Woodhead. That was a stacked roster.

sourdough fucked around with this message at 17:59 on Sep 13, 2017

Marshmallow Blue
Apr 25, 2010
Yes, you beat me in the finals. Pretty handily too. 70pts over 2 weeks.

If I can just get to the finals for a 3rd year in a row, I'll be a happy camper for sure.

SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe
I think you maybe could have gotten a better deal if you had actively shopped JJ. I'm in Win Now mode and I think I have a few very promising keepers that I could part with.

Marshmallow Blue
Apr 25, 2010
Probably,

But then there would be no fun in spoiling your season in some way for 3 years running. I'll figure out a way. Your team is for sure loaded though drat.

SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe

Marshmallow Blue posted:

But then there would be no fun in spoiling your season in some way for 3 years running. I'll figure out a way.

This is making me both :lol: and :cry:

I think this may be the league I have the most fun in.

Marshmallow Blue
Apr 25, 2010

SouthShoreSamurai posted:

This is making me both :lol: and :cry:

I think this may be the league I have the most fun in.

By far, the most fun I've had for 3 years.

And hell, maybe this Julio trade IS how I spoil your victory parade of a roster. If Eifert actually wakes up, you will be hard to stop when DJ gets back, just in time for playofs.

Marshmallow Blue
Apr 25, 2010

SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe
You are not a good person. :gonk:

bbf2
Nov 22, 2007

"The White Shadow"
drat, its been ages since I saw a blockbuster trade like that in a competitive league. Kudos to both.

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
Bronns GM here, I just have too many talented WR's looking to make a trade for a RB if anyone is interested.

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS
2-0 thank you Kareem the Dream

SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe
I hate fantasy football. :mad:

Marshmallow Blue
Apr 25, 2010
This trade was looking great until Cobb got hurt. Ugh.

CompeAnansi
Feb 1, 2011

I respectfully decline
the invitation to join
your hallucination

SouthShoreSamurai posted:

I hate fantasy football. :mad:

Same. I wonder how long Jordy will be out.

Marshmallow Blue
Apr 25, 2010
Tyrion, Your team is broke!

SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

Holy poo poo Chris Thompson. Thought I had that in the bag and instead it looks like I held on by 0.8 :sweatdrop:

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Gobias Ind. posted:

Holy poo poo Chris Thompson. Thought I had that in the bag and instead it looks like I held on by 0.8 :sweatdrop:

Fuuuuck. Come on stat corrections. And yeah, I'd totally given up when I saw what Baltimore and Ajayi did, had no idea Demarco ended up with a big day too.

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS
I last minute swapped Chris Carson and Buck Allen for my flex. Sucks when you lose because of something like that D:

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012
Ffs, just realized Rudolph's 1 catch for 4 yards was the difference, since Henry couldn't even do that. Brutal.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

RVProfootballer posted:

Ffs, just realized Rudolph's 1 catch for 4 yards was the difference, since Henry couldn't even do that. Brutal.

Haha, amazing. I swapped JStew in for JJ Nelson pretty late; wonder if that ends up being the difference too.

SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe
I can't loving believe I'm having QB issues again...

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012
Not that it's going to matter this week, but can someone else please pick my dst for me next week?? Averaging -5 the past two weeks lol

Marshmallow Blue
Apr 25, 2010
Picked a great week to totally fall apart.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

Lost Montgomery, Dalvin, and Jamaal Williams this week, leaving me with JStew and....nothing else at RB. :thumbsup:

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS

Gobias Ind. posted:

Lost Montgomery, Dalvin, and Jamaal Williams this week, leaving me with JStew and....nothing else at RB. :thumbsup:

I would have been happy to move Carson over to you! But....

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

Cool, gonna score 100 points and lose to the guy who started 2 dudes on a bye.

CompeAnansi
Feb 1, 2011

I respectfully decline
the invitation to join
your hallucination
Yeah, what's the deal with people already not fixing their lineups? There were multiple people who started players on byes (or no one at all) when they had a suitable replacement on their bench: Prosise, Crowell, and Hodor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marshmallow Blue
Apr 25, 2010
Burn the witch!

• Locked thread