Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT BEING THE BIGGEST CRYBABY ON THE FORUMS
Hype

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

Lumpy the Cook posted:

I can. You know what? gently caress irony, enough joking, time to be sincere and caremad: Valve used to set trends*, not follow them. The fact that they're willing to do blatantly follow the example of other popular game trends, especially in the wake of many of their senior level/gameplay designers, writers, game programmers etc. leaving in the last couple of years, is a really bad sign and further verifies the rumors that in-house game development is far on on the back burner. In half a decade Valve won't be a game developer, they'll be a former game developer. They'll be "that company that runs Steam".

*in fact, the 'innovative' trends Valve set were mostly bad, like unskippable narrative levels in action games, and elevator/tram sections, and microtransactions/loot boxes in non-free2play games. I sincerely doubt that there is anything that the prospective Half-Life 3, which every gaming community wishes for, could do to actually set good trends and not be wholly derivative of games it influenced (a'la Duke Nukem Forever)... So ah gently caress 'em anyway, they've done way more harm to gaming than good

It's all negated though by making the greatest game of all time, DOTA 2

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

Rock My Socks! posted:

its called artifact because it is going to cause the collapse of human civilization and artifacts will be all that is left of our pathetic race

LOL yeah! B'twahahahahahaha

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

fadam posted:

I wish there were more good non-RPG single player FPS games. I just played through Wolfenstein TNO and it ruled.

Yeah Wolfenstein The New Order is so loving good. Like when you go to the concentration camp and the jewish guy is from a magic race of people who live in atlantis and have space technology and yet were somehow subjugated negating the horrors of the holocaust lol. Such a great game! HITLERS MOON BASE LOL! Monkey loving cheese

• Locked thread