Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Weedle
May 31, 2006

Kilometers Davis posted:

My thing with myplayer is just that I hate the locked one player behind the back view gameplay. It’s no fun for me. I’m not sure what I’m missing but it’s just not for me. I am a young old man who prefers single player vs cpu exhibitions and season mode.

I play all my career mode games in the usual Broadcast camera view. I forget how to set it but you aren’t stuck with the behind-the-back view, which I agree sucks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Weedle posted:

I play all my career mode games in the usual Broadcast camera view. I forget how to set it but you aren’t stuck with the behind-the-back view, which I agree sucks.

Good point. I always stuck with the standard one thinking it would click but nah I hate it. I still don’t think I would enjoy player locked gameplay but maybe I’ll try it that way. Or not since these games are a mess with their progression/microtransactions apparently.

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages
NBA Live 19 is coming in September too and hopefully it builds upon the strengths of Live 18 and gets 2K to pull their heads out of their asses. I bought 2K18 and barely played it after getting hooked on 2K17's MyTeam and enjoyed Live 18 a lot more. Curious to see what happens this year.

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Diabetes, you are not invited to my pizza party.
2k19s league/GM updates sound nice

https://2kgam.es/2ODeXqo

Picked 18 up on Switch but super slow patching and complete lack of community content (future draft classes, community created expansion teams) led to me getting it on PS4Pro on sale.

Were there any major differences between Pro and XB1X?

I don’t play online much so maybe it’s just down to which controller you like more?

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

zelah posted:

2k19s league/GM updates sound nice

https://2kgam.es/2ODeXqo

Picked 18 up on Switch but super slow patching and complete lack of community content (future draft classes, community created expansion teams) led to me getting it on PS4Pro on sale.

Were there any major differences between Pro and XB1X?

I don’t play online much so maybe it’s just down to which controller you like more?

drat a lot of this is actually good, I'm still going to wait for feedback on how bad VC gouging is but I'm moderately excited

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
I’d pay double for them to bring back the old school challenges 2k12 had

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

I love my future dad, Tex Towers.

Weedle
May 31, 2006

quote:

You can force your own personal agenda for the game onto the fans (which may or may not be want the fans want), or you can just take their direct feedback and apply all of that to the game. I’m a big fan of the latter. I always like to say, this isn’t our game, this is YOUR game. Why guess what your fans want when they tell you loud and clear what they want?

Seems like what the fans want is less VC gouging but somehow I don’t see that panning out

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Also the ability to do offline my career. I’m a nerd who loves storylines but I want the option available to switch positions without losing my investments and making 99 ovr beasts

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Also if I make a new character gently caress off with the starting poo poo just lemme do that once then Everytime I make a new dude boom right into team select

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Yea that too

Boredumb
Mar 10, 2005

verbal enema posted:

Also if I make a new character gently caress off with the starting poo poo just lemme do that once then Everytime I make a new dude boom right into team select

The fact that they don't have this actively discourages replay-ability for me

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Boredumb posted:

The fact that they don't have this actively discourages replay-ability for me

I have made two(2) people only because of this AND THE SECOND WAS A REFINEMENT.

That first 35mins can kill all desire to make a new dude it's absurd

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
poo poo I made just one and that was the fastest I’ve traded in 2k

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
How was mygm on the switch? Was it the same experience?

the_american_dream fucked around with this message at 22:31 on Aug 12, 2018

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Performance wise the audio was fine while the cut scenes ran in half speed. They eventually patched it so I think it works fine now.

Content wise it was identical to the other versions

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Oh cool thanks

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gxDOTXAojms

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

Okay I'm into this

Playing in China and not being able to understand the coach is amazing

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

No Hannibal Buress. No ghost problems. Very upsetting.

I’m still all in.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
https://twitter.com/Ronnie2K/status/1031992917064220672

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

That only took literal years. Now just make the grind better than a f2p Korean mmo and let me be the second coming of LeBron James in mycareer and we're good

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
the microtransactions are gonna be insane aren't they

hey at least they got a real actor for mycareer, that's good. michael b jordan was good.

Dreylad fucked around with this message at 22:02 on Aug 21, 2018

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

Making the scenes skippable will at least ensure I at worst don't care about the story instead of actively hating it

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
I'm pretty sure you can skip them in previous games too, but it still takes like five minutes to load them up before you can mash A

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!
I didn't buy 2k this year and dont plan to ever again but I followed the launch and people roasting the game. I'm not a "nihilistic everything sucks late stage capitalism is here the end is nigh"-type but the fact that this was in an video game and was unskippable is a loving warcrime.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7nVrjb5-q-Q&t=165s

The insane product placement in 2k is absolutely disgusting, combine that with comedy written by a 5th grader with a deadline and... well ^

Seltzer fucked around with this message at 01:32 on Aug 22, 2018

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Product placement is whatever to be fair that's actually fairly accurate to almost anything NBA sports team or Sports in general related

I hope they do something about the VC as that is a really big problem

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Dexo posted:

Product placement is whatever to be fair that's actually fairly accurate to almost anything NBA sports team or Sports in general related

I hope they do something about the VC as that is a really big problem

Uhh did you watch that video? It's unskippable. Theres a difference between sponsors being on kits and advertisement boards like in fifa and trying to ram a product down your throat around every corner like nba 2k. The Ruffles Ridge 4pt line.

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

I love my full price 60 dollar game to have a pile of product placement and also a very bad grind

And ham fisted esports

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

If it's in the game it's in the game. we go to the built Ford tough Toyota halftime show powered by the microsoft surface.

I literally don't even parse product placement much anymore.

Esports was dumb but didn't tangibly affect anything.

And yeah the VC gouge was hillariously bad in Myplayer.

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

honk honk whats for lunch...
i just hope ill be able to play basketball games to make my player good instead of having to maneuver through the most pointless open world to play mario party to make my player good

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

The open world was literally a way to shove more ads in your face and it provided no other purpose but to frustrate people and make things more complicated (I messed around with 2k18 at a friends if you're wondering). 2k 100% crossed the line in abusing paying customers with additional ads. They charged $150 for one of the versions of 2k18 lol.

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

Esports did kind of effect the game, the change in stats in mycareer are directly linked to the online play, which I don't give a poo poo about.

Let me be a 6'11 sf and also fast again

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
I’ve never given the slightest gently caress about product placement. Doesn’t make me wanna buy poo poo and it’s realistic. Who cares

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

Maybe they could, I dunno, not make the game a terrible grind. I'll buy some Reeses™ Puffs© if it makes the game not take six months to get to 90 overall

Weedle
May 31, 2006

Seltzer posted:

The open world was literally a way to shove more ads in your face and it provided no other purpose but to frustrate people and make things more complicated (I messed around with 2k18 at a friends if you're wondering). 2k 100% crossed the line in abusing paying customers with additional ads. They charged $150 for one of the versions of 2k18 lol.

And then whatsisname from Take Two described people asking for a more reasonable rate of progression in the game for which they paid $60-150 as “wanting everything for free.”

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

Ronnie 2k has to have dirt on his boss, it's the only thing that explains him still being a community manager for 2k

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
The neighbourhood was a really lovely menu. It was fun to invite friends to MyCourt and gently caress around, play some head to head games in 2k16 and 2k17 which was pretty easy through the menus. In 2k18 It was a piece of poo poo requiring enduring a bunch of bullshit cutscenes if you wanted to do anything and absurd loading times.

proam was especially fun this year where you all had to join the pro-am court at the same time otherwise you wouldn't all appear in the same court and be able to queue up lmao. that lasted for months after launch.

Also people being able to equip whatever animations they wanted thanks to a glitch that was never fixed in spite of the game balance issues it caused. raking in the cash and almost zero post-launch support outside MyTEAM was a new level of triple AAA bullshit

Dreylad fucked around with this message at 03:15 on Aug 23, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Yeah the more I hear the more I'm thinking I'll just get NBA Live TBH

• Locked thread