Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RBX
Jan 2, 2011

I sat down and played a bunch of games with friends using the WNBA and it was pretty fun. No frustrating 2K stuff like big men randomly dropping the ball or actually being able to play defense.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007

Chairchucker posted:

Yeah the more I hear the more I'm thinking I'll just get NBA Live TBH

demo drops tomorrow: https://www.easports.com/nba-live/demo

the Play Now teams will be Warriors/Celtics which upsets me greatly. last year's demo did let me play online without PS+... that was cool and I played it a bunch.

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

Stevie Lee posted:

demo drops tomorrow: https://www.easports.com/nba-live/demo

the Play Now teams will be Warriors/Celtics which upsets me greatly. last year's demo did let me play online without PS+... that was cool and I played it a bunch.

Probably for the best since warriors vs Cavs wouldn't even be worth the load time with the 18-19 rosters

NBA Live improved a lot from the previous year last time, hopefully they can just make necessary improvements to the gameplay to get it up to 2k level.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I have officially joined the "gently caress 2K" camp

https://twitter.com/NBA2K/status/1032640283681280000

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Looks like I staying on 2k18 for awhile

Mandrel
Sep 24, 2006

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I have officially joined the "gently caress 2K" camp

https://twitter.com/NBA2K/status/1032640283681280000

that's gonna be a big negative for me ghost rider

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
I will be getting 2k

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Metapod posted:

I will be getting 2k

If I can get to 90 before 19 comes out I might but I'm not even 1/5 of the through 88 goddamn

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VoKlNyRDwtY

Yep, its 2k alright

Looks kinda bad imo

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN

Metapod posted:

I will be getting 2k

Yea same. Live was fun for what it was but the actual basketball is still a head better in 2k

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
I'll get whatever has the best basketball.

Which will probably be 2k again.

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
Yeah sadly I think 2k will be better for pro-am/park which is all I really care about.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
My park record is 81 wins and like 378 losses

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
anybody tried the live demo yet? I won't have a chance to until tomorrow

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
I really hope Live smoothed the issues out this year, stuff like mixed gender options and one on one as a focus and all are all real neat features. This is the first year I haven't preordered 2k, it'd be really cool if Live fixed the jank enough to be a real rival.

Katana_Warrior
Dec 25, 2009

I played the Live demo for a couple hours and I'm liking it more than Live 18. I can't really explain how, but moving around off-ball feels so much smoother. Mixed gender street ball is super cool too. It doesn't look like there's a deep JRPG storyline in the career mode like in 2K19, for better or for worse.

Edit: played a couple more hours online and hit the demo cap, this game is pretty great. Playing defence feels so much more possible and rewarding than 2k18. There's a bunch of small improvements to the menus from last year's Live, like being able to buy multiple crates at once.

Katana_Warrior fucked around with this message at 00:23 on Aug 26, 2018

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
I just noticed live isn't coming to the pc like I thought it was so rip that I suppose

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Katana_Warrior posted:

I played the Live demo for a couple hours and I'm liking it more than Live 18. I can't really explain how, but moving around off-ball feels so much smoother. Mixed gender street ball is super cool too. It doesn't look like there's a deep JRPG storyline in the career mode like in 2K19, for better or for worse.

I will say I just saw on twitter at least 2k19 is finally adding cutting age 'skip cutscene' tech for your characters after the first, so ya know, progress there.

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
the professor is in this game for a live challenge right now.

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

Chris Smoove says it's going to take about 190,000 VC to get your character from whatever he starts at to 85

Live 19 demo was actually very enjoyable, a bit on the easy side but I might play it via EA access at some point

The Duggler fucked around with this message at 22:32 on Aug 26, 2018

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Diabetes, you are not invited to my pizza party.
I looked it up and it took about 190,000 to hit 85 in 2k18, too. If they put back the vc multiplier for higher difficulties maybe it’s not going to be as bad as 18, but I’m not holding my breath.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
50$ will take you from 60 to 80 in 2k18

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
nobody online on live knows how to move on offense

the controls for that are great, btw. pushing off to get an open three feels great.

e: the second game of the current Legend challenge has you playing ba lineup of Maravich-Pippen-Bird-Nowitzki-mutumbo

Stevie Lee fucked around with this message at 02:14 on Aug 29, 2018

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

Been watching some 2k19 gameplay and it looks even more samey than normal iterations. I know they can't reinvent the game each year but some differences would be nice.

The cpu instantly catching their blocked shots is still in there, as well as the inordinate amount of offensive rebounds. I'm noticing a few more bobbles and loose ball contact but still overall I'm not getting a great impression.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
Very over the top trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q5Fog0TRg2E

More in depth articles about stuff
https://www.forbes.com/sites/brianm...d/#28abd8da3c85

https://www.gameinformer.com/preview/2018/08/29/touring-nba-2k19s-new-and-improved-neighborhood

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

The Duggler posted:

Been watching some 2k19 gameplay and it looks even more samey than normal iterations. I know they can't reinvent the game each year but some differences would be nice.

The cpu instantly catching their blocked shots is still in there, as well as the inordinate amount of offensive rebounds. I'm noticing a few more bobbles and loose ball contact but still overall I'm not getting a great impression.

nba live felt like a pretty good improvement over 18 and at the very least the issues it has aren't the exact same issues we've been seeing for like ten years now

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

So am I going to be able see what possible badges I can get from the start?

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

Metapod posted:

So am I going to be able see what possible badges I can get from the start?

I've heard yes, as well as your stat caps during player creation

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

The Duggler posted:

I've heard yes, as well as your stat caps during player creation

Yeah the article says the stat caps are shown but nothing about the badges. I HOPE YOURE RIGHT

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

Metapod posted:

Yeah the article says the stat caps are shown but nothing about the badges. I HOPE YOURE RIGHT

I watched a Chris Smoove video for that info so it better be right

Jk I love Smoove

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

The Duggler posted:

I watched a Chris Smoove video for that info so it better be right

Jk I love Smoove
Hell yeah, i don't know if anyone doesn't like him. He's informative, good as hell at the game, and really brutally honest about broken poo poo.

His catchphrases can be a little tiring at times but they're also such a fundamental part of like the 2k community at this point it doesn't bother me at all.

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

It’s that time of year again where I wonder how people don’t know how to pronounce “prelude” correctly.

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages
Speaking of the Prelude, don't forget to download that tomorrow. I had a good time with the Live 19 demo. We'll see how 2K19 fares. Wondering if it will be microtransactioned out the rear end and if people will still buy it. I barely even touched 2K18.

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

zelah posted:

It’s that time of year again where I wonder how people don’t know how to pronounce “prelude” correctly.

Honda bring the prelude back you cowards

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
Give the story a chance, its actually pretty good

But if you want to skip the scenes, hold down A

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

The Glumslinger posted:

Give the story a chance, its actually pretty good

But if you want to skip the scenes, hold down A

is this year more like the spike lee story or fifa's story modes again where its very linear and confined and then barely there once the 'real' game starts in season 2 or whatever?

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I want to play Slamball.

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

We’ll see if the MyGM story is as prophetic as the last one. Written by the same guy

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Also to anyone playing on ps4 paperback and I are gonna be doing a franchise if yall are interested

E: https://discord.gg/FqK4MKW

Join this cord and go to the 2k chat

Metapod fucked around with this message at 03:17 on Aug 31, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

zelah posted:

We’ll see if the MyGM story is as prophetic as the last one. Written by the same guy

They better implement a reference to Bobby Portis punching out Niko.

• Locked thread