Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mechanical Ape
Aug 7, 2007

But yes, occasionally I am known to smash.
So I'm at about the halfway point (as measured in runestones), and I'm loving it all, but I did have to check a walkthrough at one point where I'd bumbled around on my own long enough.

It's the area right after the first two trials, on the bridge to Helheim and you're looking for three runes. And you have to focus on a broken staircase to make it whole, and is it just me or is that a puzzle that kinda comes out of nowhere? It's not well established by sound or visual cues -- the voices do say "focus" if you're standing and looking right there, but there's not much to lead you to that point, or to previously suggest this is even a thing Senua can do. I would have liked a little more direction since this would be the first (only?) puzzle of its type. Is it just me who got stumped at that point? If so, what clues did I miss that others picked up on?

On a side note, can I say how cool it is that Senua is not a glamorous hottie, but a scared and suffering regular person dressed (I assume) historically accurately?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mechanical Ape
Aug 7, 2007

But yes, occasionally I am known to smash.

SirSamVimes posted:

Also the final gauntlet where Senua refuses to let her psychosis define who she is and suddenly becomes a death blender capable of one shotting basic enemies and fighting three bosses at once without breaking a sweat while beautiful music plays is one of my favourite video game experiences ever.

There's a similar moment near the end of Heavenly Blade, though the games aren't very alike in other respects.

• Locked thread