Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

I like to imagine that all the stuff about going to Helheim actually literally happened. Senua is a warrior in a world of myth and magic, but also suffers from psychosis so you get this blend of genuinely fantastical things along with her mental illness making them even weirder.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Also the final gauntlet where Senua refuses to let her psychosis define who she is and suddenly becomes a death blender capable of one shotting basic enemies and fighting three bosses at once without breaking a sweat while beautiful music plays is one of my favourite video game experiences ever.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

So I looked up the full transcript of that one poem that the Shadow tells.

In this waking nightmare where all dreams come true,
you searched for control. A way to pull through.
When you were in love you left him in tears.
To smother your furies and banish your fears.
But in darkness they came, through stormy black seas
they raided these shores. Do you still hear his screams?
And now that you're home he's so far away.
They've taken his soul. To these gods you cannot pray.

They can break you, but not your promise. Even death won't keep you apart.
Through this darkness you will find him. In your sword still beats a heart.
You fought for love unspoiled. By your darkness within.
You fought for your dreams, now there is no way to win.
In the head of his corpse lies the seat of his soul.
So you must carry his vessel and bring him back home.

They can break you, but not your promise. Even death won't keep you apart.
Through his darkness you will find thim. In your sword still beats a heart.

That scene made me Feel Feelings. :smith:

SirSamVimes fucked around with this message at 11:02 on Aug 31, 2017

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

precision posted:

It would be nice if Ninja Theory would come right out and say it never happens, though, because then all the people claiming that it's happened to them (who all just happen to also hate the game for being "SJW") will look even more stupid than they already do.

It doesn't happen. I've seen someone's rot all the way up their shoulder, and they died but it just went down to their elbow.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

veni veni veni posted:

I know I'm going to regret asking this but why exactly are the dumpster people calling it "SJW"? Unless it's just that it has a woman in it who isn't a big boobed anime.

That's generally enough.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

That video is super touching but they really should have used this song instead.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FeNF2aB_FGU

• Locked thread