Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Asehujiko
Apr 6, 2011
How long is this game? I played up to the first boss and the audiolog tracker says I'm 25% done.

As for the boss, it took me about three tries to figure out that the white glow = parry and yellow glow = dodge didn't necessarily apply to him and that I could parry pretty much everything he did except for the jump+ground stab. Parrying the bison spin in particular would knock him on his rear end long enough for me to basically force him into the next phase before he recovered.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asehujiko
Apr 6, 2011
Did I do the first two trials in the right order? I went birdo -> fire town and the second boss felt like a total pushover compared to the first, dodged to his side and mashed r1 because it seemed like all his attacks were either forward kicks or overhead slams, I think I saw him do a horizontal swing like twice the whole fight.

Asehujiko
Apr 6, 2011
It seems all bosses have an attack that if parried, knocks them out for long enough to hit them with 3-4 full combos. At least the bird and the dog, didn't try with the fire dude since nothing he did was even remotely threatening if not right in front of him.
valravn: anime flying spin
surtr: ???
fenrir: rear up and overhead slam with forelimbs
I did the rematch against the three of them at the same time by having the other two basically permanently on the ground while I circlestrafed surtr

Unrelated weird thing:
getting killed in the torch section reduced my permadeath meter to 25% or so, apparently getting eaten by an invisible dog is therapeutic I guess?

Asehujiko
Apr 6, 2011
Kick can be used during the Surtr trial to shove enemies into fire and again in the final area to knock them off the bridge although the angle needs to be fairly precise for it to function properly.

• Locked thread