Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

I did Surt's area first and felt it worked out well enough narratively. If only because at that point I still wasn't fully grasping what was going on. :v:

This game was pretty amazing. I beat it in one sitting only taking a break to let my controller recharge, and I've never done that before, not with a video game at least.

The combat gets to be waaaaaaaaaaaaay too much of a slog near the end though. It was thematically-fitting during the bloodlake segment and all, but did the game really need wave after wave of enemies in a bunch of places after that? Especially with most of them being common fodder that weren't especially fun to fight at that point.

Is it possible to "win" the confrontation with Hel? I died relatively quickly thanks to that "you're paralyzed now" earthquake thing but given how the ending progressed I'm thinking it may not have been possible to win? Or that it wouldn't have likely changed much if I did.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Why can't it be both? She's tripping balls while fighting maybe-demons up in the north.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Reminder: Zero Puncutation is not Yahtzee's actual opinions on Thing, he shits on pretty much every game he covers, even the ones he likes, because that's the gimmick. If he shits on something super hard he's probably just lukewarm on the game.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

veni veni veni posted:

I get all of that, and I've said it a bunch of times. I'm saying that if someone wants to talk about just let them talk about it. Every time someone mentions it, it's followed by a bunch of "irrelevant" posts that drowned out the people who actually want to talk about it. It's possible to wonder what was "really" going on and still understand the intent of the game and the importance of ambiguity.

Even if it is largely irrelevant and will never be explained, what's the big deal if people want to chat about it and speculate? It's not a particularly subtle game, I think everyone here gets what they were going for. It doesn't need to be explained to us.

Edit: just to be clear because it reads kind of like it is, I am not intending to be snarky or combative with that post.

People like to be right on the internet, is why. Probably.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Even the developers forgot, man. Garm has got to be pissed at not getting his proper credit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

precision posted:

It would be nice if Ninja Theory would come right out and say it never happens, though, because then all the people claiming that it's happened to them (who all just happen to also hate the game for being "SJW") will look even more stupid than they already do.

I could have sworn that did confirm that some time near release but I might be mis-remembering.

• Locked thread