Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth
Just brought it and going in blindly. Can't wait to see what all the hype is about :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

Snak posted:

Wear headphones.

You weren’t kidding. drat this game is hard to play

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth
I missed one of the runes. Do I need to go back?

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth
Just finished. Holy poo poo that was an amazing game. Silent Hill 2 was one of my favorite games as a kid and it gave me so many of the same vibes. It was absolutely terrifying at some points.

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

exquisite tea posted:

I can't say anything more without spoiling it for you, but what people interpreted as a permadeath message is not what it seems.

Is there something I'm missing on this? Was there a deeper meaning to it?

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth
Any news on how well the game is doing?

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth
So where was the setting for all of this? From what I gather its an undisclosed European village, and vikings from the north came down to Europe to loot.

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

McCloud posted:

Sooo

I got the strong impression that while all the godly stuff going on was Senua hallucinating as a way for her to cope with the loss of Dillion, but that she still did go out and murder a poo poo ton of people. Like she actually tracked down the klan or village of the raiders and then murdered the gently caress out of them, and these are the shadows she fights. I'm not sure if there's anything to support that theory though.

What I got out of it is that if it wasn't true that she went to Hellheim, she went to the village of the vikings that destroyed her village and took revenge.

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth
So what was the reason for her father killing her mother? Just the same sort of burning at the stake that happened back then to anyone who seemed like they were different/trouble?

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

MeatwadIsGod posted:

I'm guessing Zinbel is a druid of the local tribe - at least he dresses like one - and thought that sacrificing her would be beneficial to the community since he would be purging her "darkness," but apparently if you collect all the runestones you get a secret conversation from Druth implying Zinbel could have been a quisling for the Norsemen so who knows what his real motives were.

exquisite tea posted:

Zynbel killed Galena at a much earlier point though, when Senua was only five years old. My take is that being a community leader he was probably embarrassed and felt his social status was threatened by Galena's psychotic episodes. He believed her to be cursed by the Gods, at a time back when being a woman with opinions was already enough of a case to be burned at the stake.

Oh wow I hadn't seen the secret conversation.

So not only did he kill her mother, he also sold out the entire tribe so he could have safe passage. Maybe that's what her next quest is, to kill her father.

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

precision posted:

I'm really glad that there's a twist involving Druth, but it isn't anything cliché like most devs would have done, ie "he was actually terrible to Senua" or "he wasn't a real person" or whatever. Druth > Dillion

Yeah same here. I assumed it was the latter the entire time.

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth
Hellblade: Norse Mythology is badass

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

a kitten posted:

Wow, drat.

That sure was an experience.