Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

veni veni veni posted:

Yeah I'm pretty sure the same thing that happened to me happened to him and he just didn't figure out where to go. The locked in a room thing doesn't even make any sense. Believe me I probably know this dumb labyrinth better than anyone now haha. I'll have to check out the review, but it sounds like he wasn't able to articulate what was happening.

On the bright side, if it happens to anyone else I know how to guide them straight there. It's really easy if you know where you need to go.

Can you help me out? I'm really hosed off with this game right now.

I'm in Helheim where I just got an 'R' rune and passed through a waterfall, which put my torch out. I ran forward to a pool of light, but it's autosaved and I can't get any further before the beast kills me (just before a balance beam). The walkthrough says to relight your torch, but I now don't have one.

Have died maybe 30-40 times here.

edit: Welp looks like I'm hosed. The game clearly thinks I'm holding a torch and is animating my character as if she is, but I can't light anything:

Was definitely in my top 5 of the year until now. gently caress.

Necrothatcher fucked around with this message at 13:01 on Aug 12, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

exquisite tea posted:

That's unfortunate. Someone on reddit apparently has a save file prior to the torch sequence so you can properly light the brazier:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxREFzzMtV3teXlqWVl5bFVMUWc/view

You have to replace the file in C:\Users\XXXXX\AppData\Local\HellbladeGame\Saved\SaveGames

I have not tried this myself but it's worth a shot!

I'm on PS4, but thanks anyway.

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

I mean, it is kinda of ironic that the delete your saves thing is a huge bluff, but it has essentially happened to me.

Still.... this really feels like a pretty major QA oversight.

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

Hooray - they got that patch out.

Finally I can finish the game :)

http://www.hellblade.com/hellblade-patch-1-01-released-for-playstation-4-pc/

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

Mr. Flunchy posted:

Hooray - they got that patch out.

Finally I can finish the game :)

http://www.hellblade.com/hellblade-patch-1-01-released-for-playstation-4-pc/

Actually no I can't because this patch hasn't fixed poo poo for me. Still stuck with an invisible torch and no way forward

:negative:

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

peonic posted:

PC or PS4?

Let me know as exactly as you can where you are, and I'll try and get you a save game.

PS4 unfortunately, but thanks anyway.

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

Sucked up my game-breaking bug woes and played through the game again and finally finished it. Loved the hell out of it - and I could not get enough of the photo mode.

Anyone else get any neat shots?

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

peonic posted:

Glad you got there in the end - your sacrifice wasn't for nothing!

Ta - and cheers for your help trying to get me out of the jam.

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

In Ninja Theory connections I did notice that Senua's headband kinda sorta looks a bit like Monkey from Enslaved's control tiara thing - but put it down to the character designer just having a thing for that look:

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

Over There posted:

So where was the setting for all of this? From what I gather its an undisclosed European village, and vikings from the north came down to Europe to loot.

Orkney, I think.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

SirSamVimes posted:

It doesn't happen. I've seen someone's rot all the way up their shoulder, and they died but it just went down to their elbow.

Yeah - when I was hosed by a game breaking bug I must have died 100+ times to 'the Beast' and the rot just started moving to random lengths up the arm.

• Locked thread