Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Question- When you enter the final portal to hell, the rim lights up with characters that seem to represent the story collectibles you've found. Does anything different happen if you have them all?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
I don' think it's setting up a sequel. Her singular motivation, around which the whole story and character were built, has been resolved. The darkness is still there but she's reached a sort of detente with it so it's not an interesting conflict any more.

Torpor posted:

I like how I ended up running around the dog level obsessively lighting every torch I could find so the invisible dog wouldn't get me. I am fairly sure you don't need to do that. :golfclap:

After an hour of running around the maze slowly convincing myself that the monster didn't actually exist and that Senua was "dying" by succumbing to fear of darkness and myths amplified by her issues, the moment where you suddenly see that it *is* real and coming after her was legit terrifying.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

precision posted:

Has anyone figured out if anything happens if you just keep fighting infinitely at the end?

Not as far as I could tell, I kept going for as long as I could and the voices just repeated the same advice every knockdown. The screen effects got pretty extreme by the end, every time I screwed up the image turned into a silhouette of Senua, her enemy, and a spray of blood.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
I like the Life of Pi rationalization someone invoked upthread- there's the boring explanation and the cool explanation, so with no other way to choose which one would you rather be true?

• Locked thread