Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AverySpecialfriend

by Hand Knit
theres not really a joke here. my favorite card is this one lady whos like screaming

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Putty

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
I like the ones that are worth lots of money and selling them

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
I like the one that only costs one colorless mana that lets you look through any player's deck and select one card to make them eat

https://i.imgur.com/QKTkerO.mp4
Sig elements by Manifisto and Heather Papps
Sig File protected by SigLock. do NOT steal this sig!

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
The Marry, gently caress Kill card where a player has to Marry another player, gently caress another player and Kill another player or lose your turn

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Planeswalker card that, when tapped, calls an agency that sends a real person to your location to kick any other player's rear end, unless they have the right counter/interrupt (someone's rear end will still most likely be kicked)

little munchkin

Splatmaster posted:

The Marry, gently caress Kill card where a player has to Marry another player, gently caress another player and Kill another player or lose your turn

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

AverySpecialfriend

by Hand Knit
i cast "throw my deck in the garbage", which in this situation is actually a game winning play

----------------

Piso Mojado

Splatmaster posted:

Jedrick

:420: There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high-powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
Smoke weed every day.
:420:
have you tried soaking your cards hot lemon juice with apple cider vinegar and honey?

perhaps rub some sliced garlic cloves on them?

ron color
magic artist: time to paint a magic card. maybe a swamp horse or a skeleton with big boobs
artist assistant: it says the card will be called 'Ratman Potion Master.' Maybe we could draw something cool like a man who is also a rat
magic artist: listen. youre new. they wouldnt have hired me for this if they didnt want something coming out of a swamp with big ole boobs on it

AverySpecialfriend

by Hand Knit

ron color posted:

magic artist: time to paint a magic card. maybe a swamp horse or a skeleton with big boobs
artist assistant: it says the card will be called 'Ratman Potion Master.' Maybe we could draw something cool like a man who is also a rat
magic artist: listen. youre new. they wouldnt have hired me for this if they didnt want something coming out of a swamp with big ole boobs on it

rofl

----------------

Mariana Horchata

come @ me :radcat:

*wears mox emerald like a jesus piece*

Mariana Horchata fucked around with this message at 08:51 on Aug 10, 2017

AverySpecialfriend

by Hand Knit

----------------

ScrubLeague

I like to play magic with naked lady poker cards

----------------

Mariana Horchata

i wanted 2 ask serra angel 2 prom but was tapped by an icy manipulator instead and missed my chance :(

Mariana Horchata

also phil foglio and his wife were byob as all h*ck

Sole.Sushi

Seaweed!? Get the fuck out!
There's a card that literally says "You can't win the game and opponents can't lose the game." On one hand, it describes my life perfectly; on the other, it's a nice card to play for your opponent, a real friendly gesture. :3:

Twenty Four

*Brings a box of tissues and some otc meds for the magic cards*

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
I meet the gazes of my opponents, grim determination etching my face turning my features to granite. I will not be deterred. I raise my right hand menacingly, the other players physically shirk back and away from me such is my menacing demeanor. The card within my clawlike grasp plunges toward the table, spinning as it lands. When it comes to a stop, a smile crosses the other player's faces. On it, reads simply : "Get Well Soon". My turn was over.

cda

by Hand Knit

Mariana Horchata posted:

That's just a Shivan Dragon.

----------------

AverySpecialfriend

by Hand Knit
"back off motherfreaker, im the LAB MANIAC and im 100% loco, you backed me into a corner and left me no other options! IM CRAZY! AHFKHAJCHSJDI!!" then you win the game

cda

by Hand Knit

Sole.Sushi posted:

There's a card that literally says "You can't win the game and opponents can't lose the game." On one hand, it describes my life perfectly; on the other, it's a nice card to play for your opponent, a real friendly gesture. :3:

There's also a card that says "You just lost the game," but they don't mean the Magic Game, they mean the other game.

----------------

cda

by Hand Knit
Please stop saying "So mote it be" every time you play a card.

----------------

Meeksha

i did it all for the nookie
Ask me how!
-freb dust
Unholy Jinx Mage
3w, 1w
Every turn, this creature casts "pinch poke you owe me a coke." Your opponent is required to supply you with a carbonated beverage or let you wear his/her clothes. This effect stacks every turn.

-----

come on and slam and welcome to the jam

Thank you Heather Papps for the summer sig!

ron color

cda posted:

Please stop saying "So mote it be" every time you play a card.

AverySpecialfriend

by Hand Knit
me: i sac my creature and summon blue eyes white dragon
them: you cant do that
them: thats not even a magic card, thats a yugioh card
me: ...
them: why is this in your deck
them: youve never played magic before have you
me: okay i evolve my creature into a chariza-
them: stop

ron color

AverySpecialfriend posted:

me: i sac my creature and summon blue eyes white dragon
them: you cant do that
them: thats not even a magic card, thats a yugioh card
them: why is this in your deck
them: youve never played magic before have you
me: okay i evolve my creature into a chariza-
them: stop

They play a pyrexian murder monster and look at me expectantly. VERY slowly i place the uno Skip card in the middle of the table. "My Turn Again motherfucker we can do this all day," i say in my head

Twenty Four

Splatmaster posted:

I meet the gazes of my opponents, grim determination etching my face turning my features to granite. I will not be deterred. I raise my right hand menacingly, the other players physically shirk back and away from me such is my menacing demeanor. The card within my clawlike grasp plunges toward the table, spinning as it lands. When it comes to a stop, a smile crosses the other player's faces. On it, reads simply : "Get Well Soon". My turn was over.

*Drops a card on the table, with +1 to holy power*

"Bless you"

AverySpecialfriend

by Hand Knit
i proxy'd my whole deck on tissues, just in case i need to blow my nose

TOOT BOOT

i like magic cards, i have one where a goblin wizard is turning the townsfolk into skeletons and i look at it and im like 'hell yeah, me first bro'

Jolo

ive been playing with magnuts tying to change the wold as we know it

The mysterious stranger walks up to the Magic The Gathering Table with purpose. His face is shrouded by a hood and around his neck a shark tooth necklace can be seen. The players stop to see what he will say or do. His deep voice says, "Here's how we play on the islands." He pulls out a heavy gold pog slammer emblazoned with a holographic 3d eight ball on the top. He raises his hand to the heavens and brings the slammer crashing down into the table, sending table fragments, soda cans, pizza slices, and magic cards flying around the room. A card titled "Destroy Celestial" hits the stranger directly in the chest and he explodes in a torrent of pogs. After a moment in stunned silence, one of the players quips, "Slammer? I hardly know 'er!" and the room erupts in laughter.

~~~ byob summer 2020 ~~~ sig responsibly ~~~ i hope you enjoy my sig ~~~ please dont kangaroo jack what you cant kangaroo give back. ~~~

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!

Jolo posted:

The mysterious stranger walks up to the Magic The Gathering Table with purpose. His face is shrouded by a hood and around his neck a shark tooth necklace can be seen. The players stop to see what he will say or do. His deep voice says, "Here's how we play on the islands." He pulls out a heavy gold pog slammer emblazoned with a holographic 3d eight ball on the top. He raises his hand to the heavens and brings the slammer crashing down into the table, sending table fragments, soda cans, pizza slices, and magic cards flying around the room. A card titled "Destroy Celestial" hits the stranger directly in the chest and he explodes in a torrent of pogs. After a moment in stunned silence, one of the players quips, "Slammer? I hardly know 'er!" and the room erupts in laughter.

**furiously rolls 20-sided die and mutters something about being lucky I made my saves while glaring at the mess the newcomer has made but not ever making eye contact**

AbbadonOfHell
You know I would try to think of something funny to put here but ill just pass on that and threaten people with a + 2 board with a nail in it.

Mariana Horchata posted:

So I wasn't the only one that read Inquest as a kid. Rick Swan was a pretty neat dude.

Also I know waaaay to much about this drat game

I like the trick where you use a card with weird wording (Helm of Obedience) with another thing called Rest In Peace and it makes them exile their whole deck and you get to laugh as they lose the next turn.

AverySpecialfriend

by Hand Knit
i like omniscience > enter the infinite because its the only gg combo i know

PHIZ KALIFA

#mood
Mons Venus Goblin Raiders

crimes

AbbadonOfHell
You know I would try to think of something funny to put here but ill just pass on that and threaten people with a + 2 board with a nail in it.

AverySpecialfriend posted:

i like omniscience > enter the infinite because its the only gg combo i know

That's a pretty funny one too. *plays whole deck and laughs heartily*

Ad Nauseam + Angel's Grace into sickening dreams or labman is pretty tight too.

Mariana Horchata

AbbadonOfHell posted:

So I wasn't the only one that read Inquest as a kid. Rick Swan was a pretty neat dude.

Also I know waaaay to much about this drat game

I like the trick where you use a card with weird wording (Helm of Obedience) with another thing called Rest In Peace and it makes them exile their whole deck and you get to laugh as they lose the next turn.

Rick Swan was a major influence on me...I wish I could find copies of his columns somewhere cause he was one of a kind.

AbbadonOfHell

Mariana Horchata posted:

Rick Swan was a major influence on me...I wish I could find copies of his columns somewhere cause he was one of a kind.

Well I do have these piles of Inquests I'm sure I can dig a few of em up for you tends to be a mainstay of my shitter reading material along with Ultra Game Players. (I got where Shaq Reviewed SFII Turbo, he likes it but acts like Shaq Fu is gonna be better :fap:)

Edit: Here are the Shaq reviews along with some old video game ads from the early 90's.
http://imgur.com/a/GjLGi

Edit 2:

Here is my commander deck that I have way too much money put into... some things have been added, like a Italian Moat. Yeah I'm dumb.
http://imgur.com/a/03by9

AbbadonOfHell fucked around with this message at 02:21 on Aug 11, 2017

cda

by Hand Knit

AbbadonOfHell posted:

Edit: Here are the Shaq reviews along with some old video game ads from the early 90's.
http://imgur.com/a/GjLGi

Everything about this owns.

----------------

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cda

by Hand Knit
I can't believe there was a Hellraiser game

----------------

• Locked thread