Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

One More Fat Nerd
Apr 13, 2007

Mama’s Lil’ Louie

Nap Ghost

Mister Bates posted:

Lyndon Johnson had the temperature of the White House water heater cranked up to dangerous levels and then had them turn the water pressure in the showers as high as it could possibly go

he apparently once demonstrated said firehose-shower to guests by climbing into it fully-clothed and turning it on and getting full-on blasted by it

The boiling firehose shower also had like 6 nozzles at different angles/elevations, including two at waist level aimed directly at each other.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

bedpan posted:

what the hell was this supposed to advertise or promote? an inflatable dog with pennies?

The pennies represent her dumb 2 cent wealth tax thing

Mister Bates
Aug 4, 2010

One More Fat Nerd posted:

The boiling firehose shower also had like 6 nozzles at different angles/elevations, including two at waist level aimed directly at each other.

One of Nixon’s first acts as president was to have the whole thing ripped out and a normal shower installed

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

One More Fat Nerd posted:

That scene from It but with LBJ instead of It.

Ichabod Sexbeast
Dec 5, 2011

Giving 'em the old razzle-dazzle

the milk machine posted:

iirc the warren campaign knew that everyone thinks liz warren is a gormless liberal nerd robot, so their strategy to humanize her was to say "she has a dog! she definitely doesn't have sex with it!"

The coolest thing associated with her was when Jacob Wohl (I think?) made up some poo poo about how she secretly dommed a bunch of marines

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys

Ichabod Sexbeast posted:

The coolest thing associated with her was when Jacob Wohl (I think?) made up some poo poo about how she secretly dommed a bunch of marines

that kicked rear end. at the time i was working like a half mile away from that townhouse where wohl and his compatriots did those press conferences and i've always regretted not strolling over for one

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

fermun posted:

one of the pictures did show that there was some kind of vinyl mat or something to make sweeping easier

What loving barber is cutting hair with an untucked button up shirt and tie?

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
black twitter ain't havin no bernie

rideANDxORdie
Jun 11, 2010

fermun posted:

one of the pictures did show that there was some kind of vinyl mat or something to make sweeping easier

BRB getting my hair cut by Louis from L4D

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

honestly the hanging dvd covers on the wall thing is so loving weird that it has to be real. no one would do that to like "fake" having a business because no one has ever EVER gone in a business and seen that before. you wouldn't recall that and be like "oh here's something that will make it look more like a real business, let's thumbtack the SPIDER-MAN: FAR FROM HOME dvd slip cover to the wall"

yeah agreed, its too bizarre a detail for it to be fake imo

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
Warren: "what do black people like?"
Staffers: "basketball!"
Warren: "that's good! that's good. anything else?"
Staffers: "..."
Warren: "anyone?"
Staffer: "...ssssspiderman?"

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

uber_stoat posted:

"2018's Peter Rabbit?"

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

uber_stoat posted:

"also, barber chairs are too expensive, just grab a desk chair out of the storage"

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
Anyone who thinks that poo poo is weird clearly doesn't patronize locally owned businesses or only goes to gentrified areas

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys
lol

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Professor Beetus posted:

Anyone who thinks that poo poo is weird clearly doesn't patronize locally owned businesses or only goes to gentrified areas

:hmmyes: the only two possibilities

This could be even funnier if I'm recalling correctly that this barbershop was in a gentrified area. But I might be wrong/misremembering

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

Mister Bates posted:

One of Nixon’s first acts as president was to have the whole thing ripped out and a normal shower installed

one more reason to despise tricky dick

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Professor Beetus posted:

i still haven't actually seen anything showing it to be a real barbershop

just people claiming so for some reason

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

i still haven't actually seen anything showing it to be a real barbershop

just people claiming so for some reason

The reason is: it is extremely funny

Dr. Jerrold Coe
Feb 6, 2021

Is it me?

uber_stoat posted:

she killed that dog with her own hand. they'll deny it straight faced but it is true.

rip bailey, died of too many burritos

fermun
Nov 4, 2009

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

:hmmyes: the only two possibilities

This could be even funnier if I'm recalling correctly that this barbershop was in a gentrified area. But I might be wrong/misremembering
i don't think it was gentrified, it was in the same strip mall as a thrift shop and on the same block as another thrift shop, but the sign for it did not actually say the business's name, it just said BARBER SHOP

the guy from the warren campaign did give vice the name of the barber shop though and a elizabeth warren campaign office was next door to it

here's the video clips the guy sent to vice that he took that day. 2 of the 3 clips are from the barbershop and it's weirder. there's definitely no mirror, a giant rear end tv playing cspan in the back and a movie playing as well and a pool table
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQppPO3bKIQ

fermun has issued a correction as of 03:11 on Apr 18, 2024

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

fermun posted:

i don't think it was gentrified, it was in the same strip mall as a thrift shop and on the same block as another thrift shop, but the sign for it did not actually say the business's name, it just said BARBER SHOP

the guy from the warren campaign did give vice the name of the barber shop though and a elizabeth warren campaign office was next door to it

here's the video clips the guy sent to vice that he took that day. 2 of the 3 clips are from the barbershop and it's weirder. there's definitely no mirror, a giant rear end tv playing cspam in the back and a movie playing as well and a pool table

Case closed.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 56 minutes!
the barber shop is real when I’m reading the evidence of it being real and fake at all other times.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Mister Bates posted:

*turns on shower* [inaudible] jesus christ!

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Professor Beetus posted:

I only go to black and Dominican barbershops and that poo poo looks hosed

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
this may be frightening to hear, but the truth is that many small business owners have no loving idea what they are doing. the barbershop is strange, confusing, and non-functional because that's exactly how the owner likes it.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Also what barber is gonna have that much space and not try to fill it with more barber's chairs? The owner's an idiot is he thinks people are gonna wait for only two barbers, one of which is wearing a button up shirt with a tie, in a space that can probably fit 5-6 more barbers that could be paying rent on those chairs.

Also that video is hilarious, like everybody in that place is hard ignoring this dude like he's a lunatic that walked in taking crazy poo poo

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

fermun posted:

here's the video clips the guy sent to vice that he took that day. 2 of the 3 clips are from the barbershop and it's weirder. there's definitely no mirror, a giant rear end tv playing cspan in the back and a movie playing as well and a pool table

so is it called New Looks Barber or Talk of the Town Barber Shop

PsychoInternetHawk
Apr 4, 2011

Perhaps, if one wishes to remain an individual in the midst of the teeming multitudes, one must make oneself grotesque.
Grimey Drawer
Speaking of Warren, remember when there was an inexplicable GOP op about how she was a merciless BDSM dom mommy and then the Warren campaign got all up in arms and firmly denied it because they're morons

Bored Online
May 25, 2009

We don't need Rome telling us what to do.
the dixie chicks were the first cancelling

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

the milk machine posted:

that kicked rear end. at the time i was working like a half mile away from that townhouse where wohl and his compatriots did those press conferences and i've always regretted not strolling over for one

oh I don’t think she actually did that, and she wasn’t there for the press conferences anyway

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!

RandolphCarter posted:

the barber shop is real when I’m reading the evidence of it being real and fake at all other times.

The name of the barber shop is Schrödinger's.

Actual Satan
Mar 14, 2017

Keep on partying!

You'll NEVER regret it!

Trust ME!

Cancer Thrift Store? wtf

Telluric Whistler
Sep 14, 2008

fermun posted:

I remember this episode of King of the Hill. That's a "Clubhouse" where you and the boys go to get away from THE WIVES

Animal Friend
Sep 7, 2011

Bored Online posted:

this remains so unfair

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
The schools having to take down this poster :(

One More Fat Nerd
Apr 13, 2007

Mama’s Lil’ Louie

Nap Ghost

Telluric Whistler posted:

I remember this episode of King of the Hill. That's a "Clubhouse" where you and the boys go to get away from THE WIVES

I circle around different ideas for the barbershop, but this pretty much has to be the explanation. Owner either relies on the wifes money or family money or some other residual income, this is a low overhead "business" (pretty much just rent/utilities) that gets him out of the house and lets him hang out with his buddies.

Its not set up to make money because it doesnt exist to make money.

Also, if he is married to a sugar momma, this lets them save face, he's not a bum, he's an "entrepreneur"

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 56 minutes!
I would love to be a kept man

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Bored Online posted:

for a pretty tepid statement iirr (though they should still probably get credit anyway)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

RandolphCarter posted:

I would love to be a kept man