Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006
so the thing about the barber shop is that it's all dead now after the pandemic but it had a Facebook page that went back to like 2018 and the are still pictures posted by others on social media that go back to then. every single picture is exactly the same- those same three guys hanging around near the front of the store

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

Pick posted:

already there's been a huge cultural shift towards women being the breadwinners but men not stepping up and doing any emotional labor, essentially becoming anglerfish whose only purpose is to donate sperm and parasitize the female

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

30.5 Days posted:

so the thing about the barber shop is that it's all dead now after the pandemic but it had a Facebook page that went back to like 2018 and the are still pictures posted by others on social media that go back to then. every single picture is exactly the same- those same three guys hanging around near the front of the store

dudes rock

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo
People's finding Psy's based comments about US militarism after Gangnam Style got big.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
Did they ever hear his remarks about women or how he treated his wife?

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Megillah Gorilla posted:

Did they ever hear his remarks about women or how he treated his wife?

that sounds really funny can you tell us more about here in the funny politics poo poo thread

One More Fat Nerd
Apr 13, 2007

Mama’s Lil’ Louie

Nap Ghost

RandolphCarter posted:

I would love to be a kept man

We all would, its why we don't need to equalize the gender income gap, we need to reverse it.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

One More Fat Nerd posted:

We all would, its why we don't need to equalize the gender income gap, we need to reverse it.

that's right

it's all been a long con to get women in the workplace so we can stay home and game all day now that tech has reached sufficiently epic standards

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

guys be shopping

Maed
Aug 23, 2006

liz truss' sub day collar

https://seladorie.tumblr.com/post/695613303553179648/amp

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

this may be frightening to hear, but the truth is that many small business owners have no loving idea what they are doing. the barbershop is strange, confusing, and non-functional because that's exactly how the owner likes it.

and that barbershop owner? Elizabeth Warren

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

this may be frightening to hear, but the truth is that many small business owners have no loving idea what they are doing. the barbershop is strange, confusing, and non-functional because that's exactly how the owner likes it.

no! no!!

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

Actual Satan posted:

Cancer Thrift Store? wtf

presumably a thrift store whose proceeds go to a cancer charity

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

more falafel please posted:

presumably a thrift store whose proceeds go to a cancer charity

It’s one that caters to people born late June to late July

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

philly has an aids thrift store that absolutely rules

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

A company I worked for a long time ago had a domestic violence awareness and support fund they’d solicit donations to on a semi annual basis and nobody liked my edgy jokes about the name

The I got fired but not for that reason

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

HashtagGirlboss posted:

A company I worked for a long time ago had a domestic violence awareness and support fund they’d solicit donations to on a semi annual basis and nobody liked my edgy jokes about the name

The I got fired but not for that reason

was it a cooler reason

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

philly has an aids thrift store that absolutely rules

Costello: So which is it, does it rule or is it AIDS?

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

projecthalaxy posted:

was it a cooler reason

No

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

One More Fat Nerd posted:

I circle around different ideas for the barbershop, but this pretty much has to be the explanation. Owner either relies on the wifes money or family money or some other residual income, this is a low overhead "business" (pretty much just rent/utilities) that gets him out of the house and lets him hang out with his buddies.

Its not set up to make money because it doesnt exist to make money.

Also, if he is married to a sugar momma, this lets them save face, he's not a bum, he's an "entrepreneur"

Either that or it's a front for money laundering that just happened to be next door to a lovely politicians campaign office lol.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Spergin Morlock posted:

Either that or it's a front for money laundering that just happened to be next door to a lovely politicians campaign office lol.

Focusing on whether or not the barbershop is "real" isn't even the point really.

The original point of the "all the cool young black voters are gabbing about Warren at the barbershop!" post made by her campaign was to imply she was doing well with that voter demographic. The results conclusively prove she cratered with that demo (as well as basically all others), thus the Warren Barbershop Effect is fake, regardless of the store itself.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

This same logic works for the Chinedu saga. Sure, there may exist a Nigerian fan of Pete Buttigieg, but they were using him to imply a groundswell of black voter support that was absolutely not there.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

and sorry to t-t-t-triple post but now I just remember that the Pete campaign sent out a thing to a bunch of black politicians that was like "Hey, just by reading this letter you are endorsing me, no take backsies!"

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
Beto!

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Beto just pirating (like his old hacker days) the whataburger spicy ketchup logo for his campaign signs

rideANDxORdie
Jun 11, 2010
Booty cheeks Pete decorating his home with the things he found most important, and, accordingly, having a giant map of mineral deposits in Afghanistan on his wall

sleeptalker
Feb 17, 2011

I am tempted to quote the great Leonard Cohen, "I'm guided by the beauty of our weapons," umm, and they are beautiful pictures

Mister Bates
Aug 4, 2010

Beto being in an anarcho-punk band as a kid until his dad made him quit because it might harm his future political career

almost everyone else in said band going on to moderately successful careers in music while he went down the 'sad perennial candidate' path

the band's former frontman publicly endorsing Bernie Sanders over him in 2020

Mister Bates
Aug 4, 2010
one of those 'losers' his dad made him ditch to focus on the more important work of becoming a soulless liberal husk has sold millions of records, has a Grammy, and made it up to #3 on the Billboard charts lmao

there's an alternate universe where a bunch of aging hardcore dads have an old poster of Beto on their wall

Mister Bates has issued a correction as of 00:52 on Apr 19, 2024

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
From Randomwaffle.gbs.fm

Stunning Honky
Sep 7, 2004

" . . . "
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0rZdAB4V_j8

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Animal-Mother posted:

From Randomwaffle.gbs.fm

What's this

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

Warren Gravel and either an Obama girl or the Obama girl, I can't quite remember how that went.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
obama girl walked so Ok Boomer girl could fly

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
Both of them were just paving the way for Beto calf cramps lady

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wKsoXHYICqU

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Animal-Mother posted:

Warren Gravel and either an Obama girl or the Obama girl, I can't quite remember how that went.

Mike Gravel

khazar sansculotte
May 14, 2004

WampaLord posted:

This same logic works for the Chinedu saga. Sure, there may exist a Nigerian fan of Pete Buttigieg, but they were using him to imply a groundswell of black voter support that was absolutely not there.

Lol this guy did exist, I ran in a social circle with him in the early 2010s. He was pathologically incapable of describing anything in detail, to the point of absurdity.

"I got a new job."
"Cool, doing what?"
"It's at a place out of town. I go at night."
"... How did you find the job?"
"They said come at night."

"The dish you brought to the potluck was delicious, what's in it?"
"Beans."
"... And what else?"
"Just like some beans."

Just as the chinedu news was breaking in early 2020 I had occasion to hang out with some of that crew again. We talked a lot about how insane it was that he of all people made national news, and how much covid was going to gently caress everything up. Haven't seen most of them again ever since. Good times.

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

My brain is stuck on Warren barbershop discourse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

When every brain is stuck on Warren barbershop discourse — you know it’s real.