Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fish of hemp
Apr 1, 2011

A friendly little mouse!
Yeah the discourse is real but who knows about the barbershop?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

RandolphCarter posted:

the barber shop is real when I’m reading the evidence of it being real and fake at all other times.

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

Mister Bates posted:

Lyndon Johnson had the temperature of the White House water heater cranked up to dangerous levels and then had them turn the water pressure in the showers as high as it could possibly go

he apparently once demonstrated said firehose-shower to guests by climbing into it fully-clothed and turning it on and getting full-on blasted by it
you can tell this story is fake because LBJ would have gotten into it rear end naked while making constant comments about the size of his dong to everyone he packed into the bathroom

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
https://twitter.com/BudrykZack/status/1781318828258955576?t=07upGuNTy1HveHhhhw5nfw&s=19

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

" The boyfriend"

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

So the barbershop was definitely fake, but not made especially for the warren campaign it was just next door and easy to use as a prop

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

Also, the plane on the conveyor belt takes off

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

" The boyfriend"

the exclamation point at the end of an "it seems" statement about something mundane and expected

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys

Fortaleza posted:

Also, the plane on the conveyor belt takes off

always has

sleeptalker
Feb 17, 2011

Fortaleza posted:

So the barbershop was definitely fake, but not made especially for the warren campaign it was just next door and easy to use as a prop

It's fun to realize that they had to have chosen the campaign office location because the make-believe barber shop guy knew that the spot next door was open and cheap.

khazar sansculotte
May 14, 2004

If it's an Airbus, at least.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

" The boyfriend"

my favorite part is that he was obviously sitting right next to " his girlfriend" but scooted over a seat for the photo to pretend social distancing

shackleford
Sep 4, 2006

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD posted:

you can tell this story is fake because LBJ would have gotten into it rear end naked while making constant comments about the size of his dong to everyone he packed into the bathroom

yeah they weren't guests and he definitely wasn't clothed

quote:

Five replacement showers were installed to no avail. Even a special water tank was added with its own pump meant to boost the pressure, along with six nozzles located at different heights so that the spray hit every part of the president’s body. The pumps gushed hundreds of gallons of water per minute—more than a fire hose. It still wasn’t good enough.

One of the staff, a veteran of forty-one years, was ordered by the president to watch him test out the shower. “Are you ready for a real man’s test?” the naked president boasted. When the shower handle was turned on, Johnson yelped in pain because the pressure was so intense. But a minute later he was screaming in ecstasy as he was blasted against the wall, turning him beet red.

And yet all the effort still wasn’t to LBJ’s liking. Finally in the end, nothing more was done. To make amends, a sympathetic Mrs. Johnson lamented to the staff, “Anything that’s done here, or needs to be done, remember this, my husband comes first, the girls second, and I will be satisfied with what’s left. Your main role is to make the president happy.”

Daughter Luci then added: “A shower with volume and force was one of my father’s life’s comforts. It’s not much to ask, after all, when you are the leader of the free world; to get that small little bit of solace and creature comfort.”

Apr 19, 2024

Somebody has issued a correction as of 18:56 on Apr 19, 2024

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Immortal technique throwing lin manuel miranda into the trash can

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Milo and POTUS posted:

hell yeah

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

that antivaxx dude getting destroyed by a high school kid, then uploading the video for engagement anyway

e: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EfzPinjKzKs

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things
Alyssa milano's crocheted mask.

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

silicone thrills posted:

Alyssa milano's crocheted mask.

alyssa milano hijacking the metoo movement to protect her husbands clients

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
her deleting a bunch of metoo/trust women stuff when biden got the tara reade accusations

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
biden challenging a farmer to a pushup contest, calling another one fat, and another prospective voter a dog faced pony soldier

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

moist turtleneck posted:

her deleting a bunch of metoo/trust women stuff when biden got the tara reade accusations

tara reade turning out to be mouth breathing right wing moron who moved to russia and got citizenship there

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Biden telling me not to vote for him because I believe Tara Reade

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum

Spergin Morlock posted:

tara reade turning out to be mouth breathing right wing moron who moved to russia and got citizenship there

probably a good idea lest biden unleash one of his many attack dogs on her

KORNOLOGY
Aug 9, 2006
Donald Trump having the kind of ubiquitous rear end shot IG models would kill for.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

KORNOLOGY posted:

Donald Trump having the kind of ubiquitous rear end shot IG models would kill for.

Idk the new Cadians look fine to me

KORNOLOGY
Aug 9, 2006

StashAugustine posted:

Idk the new Cadians look fine to me

Post a Pic or forever be "a dog"

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

KORNOLOGY posted:

Not in a short skirt 9/10

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

moist turtleneck posted:

probably a good idea lest biden unleash one of his many attack dogs on her

also probably true lol

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

Spergin Morlock posted:

Are you saying Biden wasn't rapey was Reade because she's a right wing moron? :thunk: Because Biden's a right wing moron so I don't see how that would preclude anything, OP.

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things
If the president of the united states of america raped me and i got shut out from talking about it and i heard people being like "yeah hes a rapist but" i would also attempt to get citizenship somewhere else outside of his reach.

Metoo turned out to be a catch and kill op.

silicone thrills has issued a correction as of 23:35 on Apr 19, 2024

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Horseshoe theory posted:

Are you saying Biden wasn't rapey was Reade because she's a right wing moron? :thunk: Because Biden's a right wing moron so I don't see how that would preclude anything, OP.

no, just because i like waffles it doesn't mean i hate pancakes

fermun
Nov 4, 2009

Milo and POTUS posted:

chris hayes revealing on an episode of desus and mero that he and desus also went to the same high school as lin manual miranda and immortal technique and saying that lin manual miranda was sort of lying. immortal technique would make people he thought were nerds stand in a trash can in a common area outside and wouldn't let them out until they could correctly sing smif-n-wessun's bucktown and immortal technique did it to desus too, but not chris hayes who for some reason immortal technique liked

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

fermun posted:

chris hayes revealing on an episode of desus and mero that he and desus also went to the same high school as lin manual miranda and immortal technique and saying that lin manual miranda was sort of lying. immortal technique would make people he thought were nerds stand in a trash can in a common area outside and wouldn't let them out until they could correctly sing smif-n-wessun's bucktown and immortal technique did it to desus too, but not chris hayes who for some reason immortal technique liked

You I think I heard here everyone liked chris hayes which is hilarious because on the face of it he's got bully bait written all over him

Maed
Aug 23, 2006

Milo and POTUS posted:

You I think I heard here everyone liked chris hayes which is hilarious because on the face of it he's got bully bait written all over him

i assume immortal technique did it to nerds who thought they could rap, not just nerds in general. i doubt chris hayes was walking around hunter hs trying to do big poppa

Maed
Aug 23, 2006

alternatively Chris Hayes just spits hot fire and that's why everyone liked him

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

someone outside my apartment drove by blasting Hypnotize right as I read the last two comments lmao

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

fermun posted:

lol

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Spergin Morlock posted:

someone outside my apartment drove by blasting Hypnotize right as I read the last two comments lmao

It was Chris Hayes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maed
Aug 23, 2006

Chris Hayes, the only white guy at MSNBC with an n word pass