Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KORNOLOGY
Aug 9, 2006
Wuz bappin

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

Robert Morrow

Maed
Aug 23, 2006

for 4/20, maureen dowd doing a heroic amount of edibles and freaking the gently caress out

https://www.vice.com/en/article/yvqbav/maureen-dowd-freaked-out-on-weed-chocolate-because-shes-stupid

quote:

Sitting in my hotel room in Denver, I nibbled off the end and then, when nothing happened, nibbled some more… For an hour, I felt nothing… But then I felt a scary shudder go through my body and brain. I barely made it from the desk to the bed, where I lay curled up in a hallucinatory state for the next eight hours. I was thirsty but couldn’t move to get water. Or even turn off the lights. I was panting and paranoid, sure that when the room-service waiter knocked and I didn’t answer, he’d call the police and have me arrested for being unable to handle my candy.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
unable to handle my candy is kinda funny but not as funny as publishing your greenout story.

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

" The boyfriend"

the space after the quote marks... mamma Mia :discourse:

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

THERE'S NO SPACE IN MEATBALLS

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

MADONNA MIA A FANABLA

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Lib and let die posted:

MADONNA MIA A FANABLA

give a woman some space pal

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things
Warren thanking her husband for being with her for something and Trumps response

"He's your husband! He's supposed to be there!"

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

silicone thrills posted:

Warren thanking her husband for being with her for something and Trumps response

"He's your husband! He's supposed to be there!"

i lol every time

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

"Elizabeth Warren beer catastrophe"

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
The obama beer summit, the first* sign things were going to go horribly wrong

*probably not, but it was still early

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Chris Hayes receiving a free hat and being too much of a wuss to wear it

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

Milo and POTUS posted:

well he supported the coup against zelaya like three weeks after taking office

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

Lib and let die posted:

THERE'S NO SPACE IN MEATBALLS

Tom Hanks screaming at a woman chef writing a menu.

One More Fat Nerd
Apr 13, 2007

Mama’s Lil’ Louie

Nap Ghost

Milo and POTUS posted:

Pex had him figured out before the primary was even over.

Too bad about, y'know, everything else involving Pex.

042124_3
Apr 21, 2024
the Criminal's political crisis

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Bappin'? Was being a sex pest their kakara wish?

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

Spergin Morlock posted:

tara reade turning out to be mouth breathing right wing moron who moved to russia and got citizenship there

Oh? What right wing positions has she professed? Everything I have seen from her is at least significantly to the left of the American political spectrum.

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

DID NOT VOTE FOR FETTERMAN

If the UK were still a real country this would have brought up issues of national sovereignty akin to Kennedy taking orders from the Pope

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

me when i get to part of the manifesto about how the simpsons is a harvard-based social brainwashing tool

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

me when i get to part of the manifesto about how the simpsons is a harvard-based social brainwashing tool

it is.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Mister Bates
Aug 4, 2010

wow Marx was truly ahead of his time

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

wait til you hear about the office

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Milo and POTUS posted:

wait til you hear about the office

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

https://i.imgur.com/UDKOP2K.mp4

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
https://twitter.com/HillaryClinton/status/712712604276428800?t=JCBDri_gni_mhp8O8AhsZA&s=19

rideANDxORdie
Jun 11, 2010
That weird period in 2021 where right wingers fixated on the phrase "pipe hitters" like from Pulp Fiction, but they thought meant "tough people willing to hit someone with a pipe" and not the actual, intended meaning of the phrase

https://www.salon.com/2021/06/15/mike-pompeos-new-pac-shares-something-big-in-common-with-a-war-criminal-pardoned-by-trump/

khazar sansculotte
May 14, 2004

Bing bong, so simple!

Animal Friend
Sep 7, 2011

it's her turn (to defeat Isis)

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
well obviously defeating isis is an afterthought for the woman who ran the state department while it created isis.

Megamissen
Jul 19, 2022

any post can be a kannapost
if you want it to be

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

well obviously defeating isis is an afterthought for the woman who ran the state department while it created isis.

that makes her uniquely qualified to defeat isis

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
the defeating isis at home is a reference to a house cleaner she saw Bill leering at

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

madison cawthorn being the only republican besides george santos to see any consequences for poo poo they've done and only because he was talking about other republicans going to coke orgies so they burned him good by showing him face loving his cousin

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

'He killed the goat with a laser gun': how Mark Zuckerberg predicted a food trend

www.theguardian.com - Thu, 24 Jan 2019 posted:

A highlight of Rolling Stone’s interview with Twitter co-founder and CEO Jack Dorsey is the insight it gives into what goes on when a couple of Silicon Valley billionaire bros get together.

Asked to describe his “most memorable encounter” with the Facebook CEO, Dorsey cast his mind back to 2011, the year Mark Zuckerberg challenged himself to eat only meat he had slaughtered. “He made goat for me for dinner,” recalled Dorsey. “He killed the goat.”

Rolling Stone’s Brian Hiatt asked the obvious follow-up question: “In front of you?” No, clarified Dorsey, it was one Zuck had killed earlier – “with a laser gun and then the knife”, before sending the body to the butcher. The rest of their exchange deserves to be reproduced in full:

quote:

RS: A … laser gun?

Dorsey: I don’t know. A stun gun. They stun it, and then he knifed it. Then they send it to a butcher. Evidently in Palo Alto there’s a rule or regulation that you can have six livestock on any lot of land, so he had six goats at the time. I go, “We’re eating the goat you killed?” He said, “Yeah.” I said, “Have you eaten goat before?” He’s like, “Yeah, I love it.” I’m like, “What else are we having?” “Salad.” I said, “Where is the goat?” “It’s in the oven.” Then we waited for about 30 minutes. He’s like, “I think it’s done now.” We go in the dining room. He puts the goat down. It was cold. That was memorable. I don’t know if it went back in the oven. I just ate my salad.

It was hard to see the metaphor in that, responded Hiatt. Dorsey suggested obliquely: “Revenge is a dish best served warm. Or cold.”

Goat meat – in particular kid, which is tender and milder in flavour, like lamb – is tipped to be a huge food trend this year, following the steady increase in popularity of goat’s milk and cheese, as well as demand for ethical meat.

It was recently reported that supermarkets have been testing goat recipes for sausages, meatballs and ready meals as a means of reducing waste – tens of thousands of male goats are culled each year because they cannot produce dairy products. The Goatober initiative sees a month-long celebration each year to raise awareness of the culling by promoting goat dishes on restaurant menus. It began in the US in 2011, but last year redoubled its efforts, coordinating campaigns in the US, UK and Europe.

James Whetlor, founder of the Devon-based goat-meat supplier Cabrito, a former chef at Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall’s River Cottage and Goatober’s UK spokesman, says eating goat meat is already common in large parts of the world, pointing out that they have been eating it in Nigeria for thousands of years.

As Global Meat News has reported, even Australia is “ahead of the curve in realising the potential of goat meat” as one of the world’s biggest exporters, with a five-year research and development plan under way to increase sales.

Stunning, then knifing your own goat to serve to your friend, however, is the sort of “otherworldly experience” you go for “when you’ve got loads of money”, says Whetlor. As for Zuckerberg’s treatment, oven cooking a goat for half an hour is “brave, I would say” – western European tastes tend to favour a treatment like that of mutton, where the meat is cooked for longer and falls off the bone.

Several UK restaurants, including St John and Ottolenghi in London, along with the chain Turtle Bay, already serve goat dishes. Trevor Gulliver, proprietor of St. John, says the restaurant has served goat for many years – often braised, in a large dish to be shared at the table, and even sometimes as offal in keeping with its nose-to-tail ethos. “We are delighted to see more and more people using it. It just makes sense.” It is easy to source ethically and locally (St John has the same supplier for meat and cheese) and great to cook with – once one has removed traces of goats’ notoriously wide-ranging diet. “Goats are fantastic converter – I don’t know how many bits of laundry and sheets off clotheslines we’ve had sent up to us in different forms.”

Eventually, Whetlor says, that trend is bound to trickle down to retailers’ test kitchens. “Things are definitely moving in the goat-meat market … There will be a British goat meat product on supermarket shelves by this time next year. I will be stunned if there isn’t.” Like one of Zuck’s goats.

The fact that goat cropped up at all in a Rolling Stone interview reflects its new position in the zeitgeist, suggests Whetlor, as well as the fact that the animal’s public image might align with Zuckerberg’s own. “There’s some slightly demonic stuff going on with goat – it’s always been seen in western culture as not to be trusted, or unusual,” he says. “It just plays into the idea that Zuckerberg is not quite human.”