Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

the safety pin wearing thing that was popular for a few months after donald was elected

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things
Those 6 dudes who tried to invade Venezuela and got caught and now the only thing anyone remembers about them is that picture of them on the ground in their own piss.

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys

bedpan posted:

the safety pin wearing thing that was popular for a few months after donald was elected

online people starting a monthly subscription service to send guilty white libs safety pins and other woke apparel

Mister Bates
Aug 4, 2010

silicone thrills posted:

Those 6 dudes who tried to invade Venezuela and got caught and now the only thing anyone remembers about them is that picture of them on the ground in their own piss.

the operation was planned in the private room at a Buffalo Wild Wings

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

Mister Bates posted:

the operation was planned in the private room at a Buffalo Wild Wings

The Buffalo Wild Bunch

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

The Buffalo Wild Brunch

Tricky D
Apr 1, 2005

I love um!
The B-Dub Pigs Invasion

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

imagine having a thing like that for a mother

Tricky D
Apr 1, 2005

I love um!

can't tell whether the phylactery is in the earings or necklace

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

it is absolutely hidden in the hair

Pitch
Jun 16, 2005

しらんけど
Whatever movie studio it was killing all the trees on the public sidewalk because they would have provided shade to the picket line.

shackleford
Sep 4, 2006

if i remember right they didn't have a permit to cut down all those trees and got fined several hundred dollars as a consequence

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
never gently caress around when tree law is involved

Clowner
Dec 13, 2006

Further in

shackleford posted:

if i remember right they didn't have a permit to cut down all those trees and got fined several hundred dollars as a consequence

Several *hundred* dollars. For major film studio.

Fineable offenses should be scaled to ability to pay

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Clowner posted:

Several *hundred* dollars. For major film studio.

Fineable offenses should be scaled to ability to pay

It's doable. https://www.dw.com/en/driver-in-finland-fined-121000-for-speeding/a-65833341

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
an added bonus is that you regularly get some rich rear end in a top hat whining like a motherfucker because they actually had to pay a somewhat significant fine instead of basically getting to ignore the law at will

Cerebral Bore has issued a correction as of 10:29 on Apr 30, 2024

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Any time a millionaire gets fined a few thou for doing donuts at 120 km/h inside a kindergarten, Teemu Selänne tweets about communism.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slćgt skal fřlge slćgters gang

in denmark your car is confiscated (even if its a rental) if you're "driving like a maniac" (vanvidskřrsel, the legal term lol). also a relatively piddly fine and losing your license, plus quarantined from retaking it for some period, obvs

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump/status/396552607575314432

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

https://x.com/dylanmatt/status/1785040562489336211?s=46&t=v69FFc9gmilk6I-vYnAGzw

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

the guy who did the crime was called crimo

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

bedpan posted:

the guy who did the crime was called crimo

kojima you lazy loving hack

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

hungry hungry Stephen Paddock

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slćgt skal fřlge slćgters gang

Kitfox88 posted:

kojima you lazy loving hack

more of a George Lucas name

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
Liquid Sandinista

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

One More Fat Nerd
Apr 13, 2007

Mama’s Lil’ Louie

Nap Ghost

Carthag Tuek posted:

more of a George Lucas name

Fits perfectly with the elves in Disenchanted

050124_3
May 1, 2024

Somebody has issued a correction as of 17:27 on May 1, 2024

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

when they tried to disappear this video and called it disinformation

Fact check: The World Economic Forum does not have a stated goal to have people own nothing by 2030

www.reuters.com - Thu, 25 Feb 2021 posted:

A video repeating misinformation about the World Economic Forum (WEF) has been shared widely on Facebook.

The three-minute clip, which has 862 likes and 1,100 shares at the time of writing, is captioned “Let's talk about the World Economic Forum's stated goals for 2030” with the title: “How we can stop them from stealing everything from us” (here).

It features a man who says: “Now let's talk about their stated goal, ‘by 2030 you'll own nothing and be happy’. So, the question is, how do they get us to that point? How can over 10 years they get us from having private property to owning nothing?”

The WEF does not have a ‘stated goal’ to remove everyone’s private property by 2030. As addressed in previous Reuters fact checks, these claims likely originated from a WEF social media video from 2016 that stated eight predictions about the world in 2030, including: “You’ll own nothing. And you’ll be happy. What you want you’ll rent, and it’ll be delivered by drone.” (here)

Danish politician Ida Auken, who wrote the prediction in question (here), said it was not a “utopia or dream of the future” but “a scenario showing where we could be heading - for better and for worse.”

In a written update, she clarified that the piece aimed to “start a discussion about some of the pros and cons of the current technological development. When we are dealing with the future, it is not enough to work with reports. We should start discussions in many new ways. This is the intention with this piece.”

In the past, false claims about the WEF have been conflated with conspiracy theories about the United Nation’s ‘Agenda 30’ framework (here and here), which is a set of Sustainable Development Goals devised in 2015 at the United Nations General Assembly (sdgs.un.org/2030agenda). They are freely available on government websites and outline objectives like ending poverty, which includes the goal making property ownership available to all:

“By 2030, ensure that all men and women, in particular the poor and the vulnerable, have equal rights to economic resources, as well as access to basic services, ownership and control over land and other forms of property, inheritance, natural resources, appropriate new technology and financial services, including microfinance.” (scroll to goal 1.4)

VERDICT

False. The World Economic Forum does not have a stated goal to have people ‘own nothing and be happy’ by 2030. Its Agenda 2030 framework outlines an aim to ensure all people have access to ownership and control over land and other forms of property.

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006
When I said you'll be happy I didn't mean that you should be happy about it

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006
Some might feel sad that they'll be happy, and that's a point of view I wanted to explore

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

congressmen fleeing in fear on 1/6 while wearing these things

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
If I feel sad because I feel happy I smoke a lil weed and then I'm just happy

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Spergin Morlock posted:

congressmen fleeing in fear on 1/6 while wearing these things

lol

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
they busted out the vault tec hoods for january 6th

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
https://twitter.com/Moose_Bigelow/status/1785749113855938675?t=ww_SkKinLGfcXOp8uRK8XA&s=19

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

jesus christ lol

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

its wild how both in retrospect and to most sane people at time the race to anoint Hillary in 2016 was the most intensely deluded self absorbed campaign in living memory and she still tried get enthusiasm going for another attempt 2020.

also all these famous people fully in support of this without a shred of awareness
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YttscNOoAjA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mister Bates
Aug 4, 2010
and prior to Trump bursting from the party’s chest like a xenomorph from John Hurt, both the Dems and the entire American media establishment were earnestly convinced that Hillary’s opponent in 2016 was going to be Jeb Bush