Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

the senate majority leader refusing to hold hearings for a Supreme Court appointee then facing zero consequences.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

ahah remember when cheney set up an office at the CIA to produce intel in line with an invasion of iraq and then outing an agent who said it was bullshit and how we invaded anyway killing hundreds of thousands of people? aww man that was great.

oh but then the next republican administration comes out and says we can't trust intel because they were wrong about Iraq? I'm rolling.

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

Ronald Reagan posted:

A few months ago, I told the American people I did not trade arms for hostages. My heart and my best intentions still tell me that's true, but the facts and evidence tell me it is not.

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

Imagine someone you know just being like "gently caress it, I'm a Mormon now". What would you even say? That one's not in my playbook.

I thought about it when I was dating a Mormon girl. I couldn't make it through a church service though.

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

ScrubLeague posted:

Then the guy jacking off in the middle of the street in San Diego lmao

go chargers

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

The Speaker of the House was molesting boys and only went to jail because the hush money he was paying broke the law about bank withdrawal reporting.

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

Ostiosis posted:

I remember when LF was shutdown for making fun of grover house and was blamed on some threat made in FYAD

I thought it was because of secret service visits to Lowtax

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

Dreddout posted:

She also believed wifi caused cancer

she read your posts, so would not be wrong.

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

Also the "refloat" argument is sound as well. Even if van Riper wasn't cheating, you've got this giant simulation with millions of dollars and man hours spent setting it up. You should replay it a number of ways to see how it works.

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

Mayor Dave posted:

the time arnold schwarzenegger stole darrell issa's gubernatorial in CA after issa paid millions to get the recall rolling

here he is crying on camera about it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7VW0v7wwfkQ&t=88s

also just lmao at every aspect of the recall

or that grey Davis only got recalled because of how thoroughly he got screwed by Enron.

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

The trump inauguration team ordered Obama’s inauguration cake copied for Trump.

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

when poindexter told us exactly what the nsa was going to do but all we did was kill the problematic logo.

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

the Kuwaiti woman who testified that Iraqis were throwing babies out of incubators turned it to be the daughter of a minister and on the payroll of a PR firm

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

she did manage to summon the prince of lies with this pentagram so there’s that at least....

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

nobody showed up for trumps inauguration

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

zegermans posted:

Arlington National Cemetery was Robert E. Lee's plantation that was confiscated for his treason

we should bury all the Iraqi dead on Dick Cheney’s Ranch.

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

Fat Lowtax posted:

Louise Mensch was a Member of Parliament

we fought a revolution because they wouldn’t seat Americans as MPs but Louise Mensch was a member.

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

when George bush explained his stance on national sovereignty.

https://youtu.be/kdimK1onR4o

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

I mean... they're not wrong. All the ideals of country club golf really are optimized by this picture right here.

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

GalacticAcid posted:

In 1971, when Lt. William Calley Jr., who had led his platoon in the massacre of hundreds of unarmed civilians, including women, children and the elderly in the Vietnamese village of My Lai, was found guilty of premeditated murder and sentenced to life in prison, public outrage erupted across the country. Thousands of telegrams advocating clemency were sent to the White House, mass protests were held nationwide, a popular folk song was written and Georgia’s governor, Jimmy Carter, instituted American Fighting Man’s Day in solidarity with the convicted war criminal.

direct quote (emphasis mine) via nyt magazine

carter in a town founded by confederate refugees in the then slave nation of Brazil

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

We invaded Iraq on some made up bullshit and those in power who were responsible for hundreds of thousands of deaths have faced zero consequences.

:roflolmao:

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

Waffle House posted:

Yo trawled this off an old hard drive, circa 2008.

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

The onion I think hit its peak during the 2000 recount.

https://politics.theonion.com/clinton-declares-self-president-for-life-1819565819

Proust Malone has issued a correction as of 04:53 on Feb 2, 2018

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

Kurtofan posted:

can you explain this to a non american

Elian Gonzalez. came over on a boat from Cuba to Florida with his mom. mom drowned on the crossing. there was a court case for custody of Elián between the father who remained in Cuba and other relatives in Florida. court ruled he had to be returned to his father. it got nasty because of politics and he was taken at gunpoint in this picture.

all of this took place in the run up to the 2000 election in Florida which was the state that ended up giving the world George W. Bush.

Proust Malone has issued a correction as of 10:08 on Mar 1, 2018

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

“just kind of a tease business” is as funny to me as the falafel

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

Retromancer posted:

this got a lot less funny when these people secured actual political power.

“these people” never secured political power. they were a prop used by the propagandists on the right to secure power for the people who
actually matter to them.

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

ScrubLeague posted:

it extremely rules that both times W was elected prez the election was stolen

the GOP has won exactly one popular presidential vote since 1988.

and even that one is questionable.

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

HobbitGrease posted:

there was a brief period--i want to say a couple of weeks in november/december 2011--when people were seriously saying newt gingrich could win the 2012 republican nomination and win against barack obama

watching the media flail helplessly from
one front runner to another was the best part about that race and what made me think we could turn Texas blue in 16.

...then Shelby county happened.

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

DiggityDoink posted:

he not entirely wrong tho, liquid swords is the best of the wu tang adjacent albums

im more of a Cuban Linx guy.

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

Donkwich posted:

wish we started profiling businessmen as terrorists

Jello Biafra was a prophet.

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

Carl Von Awesomwitz posted:

also non-zero chance that our moist little man in oval office saw the movie and it influenced his campaign (you know the world is dumb enough that a forgotten 2006 movie started this poo poo)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sD6i09hdE9g

Funny thing is how close he is to being right about things. He's at least not wrong about the financial interest of donors.

What he didn't tell them what that he didn't need to pay a candidate to work in the interests of the rich, because he'd just do it himself for free.

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

01011001 posted:

christine o’donnell, dabbler in witchcraft

Colleen Madigan, dabbler in Warcraft.

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

jobson groeth posted:

Please tell me it was irony that killed her

run over by a small water craft? denied coveragefor an easily treatable condition?

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

https://twitter.com/lpdonovan/status/992156444760989697?s=21

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

the abbreviated headline got me all excited.

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

Roosevelt posted:

that press conference was such a loving clown show

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4BZ8ck_7cqk

this is the president

The infamous Jim Acosta karate chop press conference.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

i mean...the piss tape is real so....