Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

zero knowledge
Apr 27, 2008
all the godawful gimmick twitter accounts like "ROGUE department of the interior" that sprang up back in 2016 and got tons of followers because people were desperate to believe that the gov't is full of noble dissidents who would stand up and say "NO" to the cheeto

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zero knowledge
Apr 27, 2008

Gazpacho posted:

well it certainly happens, otherwise SA never would have known about rumsfeld's persistent arousal that requires him to wear frozen underpants at all times

sure, and you get heroes like the person(s?) who leaked the Pentagon Papers, but somehow I doubt that twitter accounts like "ALTERNATE Yolo county comptroller's office" are truly committed to the cause of liberation

zero knowledge
Apr 27, 2008

the best part is "1/6". the only thing I want to read less than this tweet is the other five.

zero knowledge
Apr 27, 2008
I need help finding an old funny politics image. It was from some vote in the UK from the last few years, either a national parliamentary election, or Brexit, or perhaps the Scottish independence referendum (I don't think it was that far back though). It was a flow chart instructing Scots on how to vote in whatever was on the ballot based on their party affiliation or other opinions. I specifically recall that the arrow for Conservatives went to a box that read something like "I AM A SCOTTISH TORY, A FOUL AND WARPED CREATURE, DESPISED BY BEAST AND MAN ALIKE, DOGS HOWL WHEN I WALK BY".

Desperately hoping someone else remembers this and has it in their funy_imgs folder because it made me chortle heartily at the time and I wish to chortle once again.

on topic: literally anything in UK national politics from the last 10 years, it's all an insane and disgusting farce, cannot believe that dismal country was ever allowed to run the entire planet

zero knowledge
Apr 27, 2008

bedpan posted:

DACK FAYDEN posted:

I am accursed: a scottish tory. no use to man nor beast. dogs bark at me, they know what I have done.

thank you both! Goons get the goods

zero knowledge
Apr 27, 2008
libs hating FBI director james comey's guts for a hot second because of the october surprise he did to hillary but then coming around to lionizing him as a great american hero because he epicly owned donald jonald trump by obediently attending a meeting at the white house

zero knowledge
Apr 27, 2008

Animal-Mother posted:

Scaramucci accusing Bannon of attempting autofellatio, getting fired immediately, going on Bill Maher and being too prudish to swear on HBO, tweeting congrats at his wife giving birth, and I presume becoming a CNN contributor or hedge fund manager or something.

da mooch unsuccessfully invoking the italian american fraternal code of honor to get a reporter to not print something he said

zero knowledge
Apr 27, 2008

Fish of hemp posted:

Well he was sandwiched between Nixon and Reagan, so poo poo sackness is relative.

gently caress that. the presidency immediately after Nixon was the best opportunity since fdr to use a strong mandate to bring real change to America. guy shoulda nationalized a bunch of poo poo and done reparations and whatever. to blow it so bad that you lose as an incumbent to loving Reagan is unforgivable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zero knowledge
Apr 27, 2008

Peanut President posted:

i agree, gerald ford did suck but he didn't lose to reagan

I legit appreciate this pedantic correction and will now disembowel myself ritually