Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lin-Manuel Turtle
Jul 12, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lin-Manuel Turtle
Jul 12, 2023

A funny politics thing I remember is that as early as May 1979 the CIA was meeting and planning with the forces of reaction in Afghanistan and in July Carter authorized directly funding them. The Soviet invasion happened on Dec 24, 1979.

To this day no one can recall which event happened first, a classic historical mystery. God bless our first neoliberal, evangelical president Jimmy Carter. le epic peanut génocidaire

Lin-Manuel Turtle
Jul 12, 2023

“radios”

Lin-Manuel Turtle
Jul 12, 2023

It is bad that the US, under Carter, began no later than in early 1979 recruiting, training, and arming every psychopath within many thousand of miles of Afghanistan in order to slaughter innocents and destabilize the country as part of a centuries long crusade against any power that sought to make the world a slightly better place. I’m not sure why libs are showing up here to celebrate this.

It is unfortunate that the Soviets would fail to stabilize Afghanistan and that America caused decades of bloodshed, but then a funny thing I remember happening was September 11.