Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

Tea Party protest signs were always fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

Ronald McReagan posted:

JUSTICE SCALIA: Now, if -- if you have a reasonable suspicion that the student has drugs and you search every other place, you search in the student's pack, you search the student's outer garments, and you have a reasonable suspicion that the student has drugs, don't you have, after conducting all these other searches, a reasonable suspicion that she has drugs in her underpants?

MR. O'NEIL: No, Justice Scalia, we believe that you don't --

JUSTICE SCALIA: All right.

MR. O'NEIL: -- without -- without --

JUSTICE SCALIA: Your logic fails me.

MR. O'NEIL: Well, Justice --

JUSTICE SCALIA: You -- you reasonably suspect the student has drugs. You've searched everywhere else. By God, the drugs must be in her underpants.

Justice Scalia responded with a defense of Agent Bauer, arguing that law enforcement officials deserve latitude in times of great crisis. “Jack Bauer saved Los Angeles…. He saved hundreds of thousands of lives,” Judge Scalia reportedly said. “Are you going to convict Jack Bauer?” He then posed a series of questions to his fellow judges: “Say that criminal law is against him? ‘You have the right to a jury trial?’ Is any jury going to convict Jack Bauer?”

“I don’t think so,” Scalia reportedly answered himself. “So the question is really whether we believe in these absolutes. And ought we believe in these absolutes.”

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

Ron Jeremy posted:

I thought it was because of secret service visits to Lowtax

The way I remember it there were two visits. The first one was from an LF post but it survived for awhile after that. The second one that resulted in LF getting shut down was from a FYAD post. LF wasn't suddenly killed off so much as it was slowly strangled to death. The last year or so was absolute garbage due to the IKs being put in charge and randomly banning people and the stupid forums cancer poo poo. All the good posters were driven away and by the time it was actually killed off it was merciful and the reason didn't really matter.

386-SX 25Mhz VGA posted:

I remember at some point in 2007 checking the user counts and some significant majority of people logged in at any given time were in LF

and there were like tens of thousands of people logged in all the time if im remembering right (im probably not remembering right)

I remember when Bin Laden was killed LF had the most users by far.

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4-KkiYcK7IA

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

old.flv posted:

megyn kelly

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-WDdO8tmSC8

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

Nonsense posted:

that was literally the title of LF at some point.

is pepsi ok has issued a correction as of 20:28 on Nov 9, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

Former Miami Marlins manager Ozzie Guillén was suspended and then fired for giving an interview where he talked about Fidel Castro and basically said "lol they've been trying to kill that guy for decades and he's still going."